LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some info I got today from jhp...

Yes these wheels are available, they are a genuine G.M. (Aussie) part that only come in 18" x 8". We don't have the centre caps but can supply the Aussie centre cap. We keep these wheels in stock. the price for the rims (4), centre caps (4), wheel nuts & nut covers (20) is $1775 AUD (Australian dollars), the exchange rate is in your favour $69.77 U.S = $100 AUD. The freight cost will depend on where in the U.S the wheels have to go, with air freight the wheel will be there under a week.

Not bad...works out to about $1700 with air freight shipping...

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
robcorn said:

Yes these wheels are available, they are a genuine G.M. (Aussie) part that only come in 18" x 8". We don't have the centre caps but can supply the Aussie centre cap. We keep these wheels in stock. the price for the rims (4), centre caps (4), wheel nuts & nut covers (20) is $1775 AUD (Australian dollars), the exchange rate is in your favour $69.77 U.S = $100 AUD. The freight cost will depend on where in the U.S the wheels have to go, with air freight the wheel will be there under a week.

I got mine from Geoff ..........great guy and company to deal with. Air frieght was about a week and half to florida.........well worth it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dbluegoat said:
I got mine from Geoff ..........great guy and company to deal with. Air frieght was about a week and half to florida.........well worth it
Bluegoat, can you post a couple of pics so I can see if I want to purchase from Geoff? And did you get the standard 18x8? Thanks!

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
To be honest I'd wait a few weeks (month or so) and just order them by the new GM USA part #. Those are the new optional 18" on the 05. This means they will have an RPO and a part # to help crazy guys like us order them!

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
robcorn said:

do they have a website? and do they have any other wheels? "1700" is free :eek2: lol

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
I found it thanks

The only bad thing for me is i just payed $1300 for my new tires. so if i buy 18's i would have to pay $1400 for new tires again :banghead:

·
Grumpy Old Man
393 Posts
GTPprix said:
To be honest I'd wait a few weeks (month or so) and just order them by the new GM USA part #. Those are the new optional 18" on the 05. This means they will have an RPO and a part # to help crazy guys like us order them!
Ehhh, yeah, but Chris, we all know the price of GM parts per wheel (i.e. chrometechs).

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
AMRAAM4 said:
Ehhh, yeah, but Chris, we all know the price of GM parts per wheel (i.e. chrometechs).
That and what he wants isn't going to be the same style optional on the GTO. It doesn't look like the Autocross kit is going to include new wheels either.

I would pass on the center caps, the stock Pontiac caps will swap straight into the Monaro's wheels.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Eh I was told that those wheels are the optional 18's for 05, the mule I drove had them too.. I dunno lol

·
"YELOJKT"
784 Posts
GTPprix said:
Eh I was told that those wheels are the optional 18's for 05, the mule I drove had them too.. I dunno lol
Chris,

Do you know what kind of tires the 18's on the 05 will have? The ordering guide says 235/40ZR18 summer only tires but doesn't give out any more info. Hopefully Pontiac will give us some good performance tires.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
I can see if there is an '05 running around tomorrow, if there is I'll grab some tire specs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts