LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just finished installing our custom I-Forged wheels on the GTO. The fronts are 18" x 8" with 245/40/18's and the rear are 19" x 10" with 295/35/19" Yokohama AVS Sports. Needless to say, the rear were not a bolt-on. A rolled fender lip, repositioned lower shock mount, notched A-arms, and modified inner fenderwells later, we bolted them into place. Installed on the car is a set of our prototype lowering springs. We should have these available in 6-8 weeks once we work through the correct rates and drop amount.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Looks sweet!!

·
SOLD-04 & 06 Torrid Red GTO's
408 Posts
What made you go with a 27" tire? Looks nice anyways.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RUQWIKR said:
What made you go with a 27" tire? Looks nice anyways.
Two things, mainly. Ride quality and asthetics. Going to the taller tire helped maintain our ride quality. If we would have went with a 26" tall tire on a 19" rim, ride quality would have suffered and it would be easier to damage the rim with such a low profile tire.
This was only one reason, the main reason for the taller tire was to help with the overall profile of the car. This is just one opinion but I was never too thrilled with the rear styling of the car. The front "tire to fender ratio" looks fine but the quarter panel surface area above the rear tire is too tall which dwarfs the tires. I think a taller rear tire and removal of the spoiler cleans up the look of the car, gives a more aggressive profile and helps it not look so much like a front wheel drive. I know this is a touchy subject but it is just my opinion and now I love the way the car looks.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
gtodriver7 said:
those look bad a$$. got a price for a wheel and tired package?
We are not selling wheels and tires, sorry. We purchased the wheels from I-Forged and the tires from Tire Rack
Since these are true 3 piece custom wheels they are a little expensive and it does take 6 weeks to build them. We ordered them about a week after we got our GTO in January. They will actually make these wheels in sizes from 17" up to 24". The full set with tires cost around $5k.

·
Banned
504 Posts
stormguy03 said:
Those look awesome!! I was wondering what that style wheel would look like on the new GTO. Looks similiar to the Intro GT Sport. :thumbs:
Almost identical. They do look very sweet, especially with the taller tire on the back!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Question for Howie

Howie said:
Looks sweet!!
On your tire & wheel fitting results fo 18" tires you stated that a 8.5" wheel sticks out to far on the front. Does that mean they don't fit or just that they don't look right?

Thanks

·
Banned
504 Posts
Both. First off it looks hideous! Secondly, anytime the front suspension compressed the tire would smash into the fender instead of tucking into it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well after seeing those wheels on that Blue GTO, it just sent me over the edge. I just ordered a set of 17x8's of the Intro GT Sports. $1559 for wheels, lugs, locks and shipping included in that price. I would have really liked to have had 18" but with the extra cost and buying new tires, I would've had another $1,000 invested and couldn't justify the extra money. It will take 3 weeks to be made and another week to ship.
If anybody wants 18", Howie has the best price with his group buy till April 15th.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Should have called me I could have saved you some $$ on your order too. I'm very eager to see what the GT Sport are gonna look like on your Goat!! Post some pics!

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
that is badass on a whole other level :eek: :thumbs:

if someone buys those exact rims, can you guys do the mods to fit them (at a price of course)

·
Registered
119 Posts
BMR Fab., the 18's & 19's are perfect. The car fits the wheels. I've always had a problem with the look in the area above and just to either side of the rear wheels. The larger wheels and tires really make the area around the rear wheel f-l-o-w. I'll be looking at your pictures for a long time. Thanks for the info and pixs.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ude-Lose said:
that is badass on a whole other level :eek: :thumbs:

if someone buys those exact rims, can you guys do the mods to fit them (at a price of course)
Yes, we could do the mods but it would not be cheap. Unfortunately Holden didn't make it easy and we have about 20 hours invested in this. It's pretty sick really to go through this much trouble for another inch and a half of tire :rolleyes: Now that we have done one, though, we could probably do it in 10-12 hours. It would take about 3 days basically. About 8 hours to cut and weld the wheelwells, modify the A-arms and roll the fenderlips. Another day to apply rust preventative sealer, seam sealer and undercoat and another day to dry and reassemble. If your serious about it just give us a call. I can also send you some images of the mods if you wish.

·
SOLD-04 & 06 Torrid Red GTO's
408 Posts
What are you guys looking into for the wheelhop? Obviously, the 17"-19" tires won't do anything but make it worse. Take care.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Brett,
That looks swweeettt!!!!! Can't wait to drop by and see it in person.

Wayne

1 - 20 of 20 Posts