GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
GTOWILL said:
How bad of a ride do 19"s deliver?
Personally, I don't like mine (19x8 and 19x9.5 TSW Thruxtons). Around town isn't bad, and they look darn good. But if you get on a poor highway it can be pretty annoying. I'm going to switch out for a pair of 18's so I can put drag radials on 'em.

Padre

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,557 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Personally, I don't like mine (19x8 and 19x9.5 TSW Thruxtons). Around town isn't bad, and they look darn good. But if you get on a poor highway it can be pretty annoying. I'm going to switch out for a pair of 18's so I can put drag radials on 'em.

Padre
Do you have a good picture of your wheels?

·
8,959 Posts
illuvial said:
Do you have a good picture of your wheels?

They may be for sale soon as I need 18's to put drag radials on.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
illuvial said:
They don't seem to fill the well. Is it just the low profile?
Rear fender well had to be rolled.

Here's a pic from a distance:

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
illuvial said:
Do you think the 18's would need a fender roll?
18x9.5's, I'd say yes. The width of the tire is important as well. I run 265/30's. 275's with a fender roll should fit (on the rears, don't know about the fronts). Fender rolling is not that painful - just go with someone who knows what they're doing.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
illuvial said:
Man! I just hate the idea of doin that.
So did I, which is why I was hovering like a hawk in the bay while the young fellow did it. It was a bit painful to contemplate, but then when I actually saw it done, no worries. All they do is bend upwards and inwards the inside lip of the fender. Only thing that could go wrong is if they don't heat it up so the paint doesn't crack. But from the outside, there is no change - it's just correcting a design flaw and getting rid of interior fender lips that were too big to begin with.

Padre

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PadreGTO said:
18x9.5's, I'd say yes. The width of the tire is important as well. I run 265/30's. 275's with a fender roll should fit (on the rears, don't know about the fronts). Fender rolling is not that painful - just go with someone who knows what they're doing.

Padre
I thought 275/35 (or 265/35) would be the same diameter as the stock 245/45????

·
8,959 Posts
GTOWILL said:
I thought 275/35 (or 265/35) would be the same diameter as the stock 245/45????
On 19" rims, I think the 265/30's are 818 revs per mile and the 245/45's are 811. 275/30's are 811 as well. According to Nitto, at least. I can see it on my GPS: my speedo tells me I'm doing 70, and my GPS says 68-69.

Of course, the 275's are gonna be 10mm wider.

Padre

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Padre...

Are you going to be selling your wheels??

·
8,959 Posts
PHiL2 said:
Padre...

Are you going to be selling your wheels??
I'm thinking about it. Tread's still good. Though my left rear has a couple of minor blemishes on the chrome.

If interested, PM me. It'll be a couple of weeks, though, because I have some other issues to take care of before I get my drag radials.

Padre

·
Post Mortem
1,505 Posts
illuvial said:
Do you think the 18's would need a fender roll?
Ive got the same rims but there 18x8s 40mm offset 245/40 Toyo Proxies 4s on all 4 corners and there is no rub . Ive done some hard starts and some hard cornering and have no issues. They look great , handle great , and the ride quality seems to be better. NO wheel shake either at 60mph. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts