LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have a staggard fitment on my car right now I have the Niche F-18 Black on my car. Right now its 19x8.5 Fronts with 235/35/19 in front and a 265/30/19 in the rear with a 19x10 wheel. The rear has a 40mm offset. Do you think i'll run in to any problems if i go with Pedders packages with lower springs? ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I can get the offset fixed.......should i go to maybe 45mm?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know whats funny i get no rubbing at all even with people in the back seats. I've heard it rub about two times now that i've had the car......So taking them down to 45mm would be a good idea then?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone have an idea?

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I had 19x9.5's with 265's and a 45mm offset (TSW Thruxtons). They fit fine once I rolled the rear fenders. With your proposed setup, rolling the fenders is probably the only option, but it will work.

Padre

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Your fronts will be fine with a 40mm offset and 235's or 245's. 40mm offset and 245's will fit front and rear with no worries.

Padre

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well here's the thing, My fenders are rolled and I already have the wheels and tires on the car.....they don't rub. I'm just wondering when i do lower it do you think i should go down to about 45mm or even maybe more? The fronts i don' have a problem with at all.....except the damn camber on the left side chewed up a tire..

·
Registered
871 Posts
just make sure you go with a stiff spring, if you don't get as much wheel movement you could be fine.

The reason you aren't having issues is because your tires are shorter than stock

GTOs rub where the bumper cover meets the fender, and the lower height avoids that issue

Let us know how it works out and post some pics of those wheels on your car!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds good! So do you think it would be a good idea no matter what just to get them machined down to 45mm? or maybe even more? Yeah i have to get some pictures of the car. I haven't gotten any since i bought it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
871 Posts
measure the clearances to the inner fender and control arms, the brake caliper, and any other dimensions that would be affected by a higher offset.

As long as you have the space I wouldn't see why you couldn't

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pictures up top

1 - 14 of 14 Posts