LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the Monaro been around 20 years ago and had the current Monaro/GTO marrage happened 20 years ago this is what we may have seen...

It's an Opel Monza which essensially is a 2 door Opel Rekord- the car that was the first Holden Commodore...

It would be RWD and optioned with a Holden 253 (4.2L) V8 (as was the Commodore). I Imagine a Monaro GTS would've had Holdens 308 (5L) V8.

Lucky it did'nt happen though!

Adam

·
Registered
68 Posts
As ugly as that car is, it would have been considered halfway cool in 1980. My how times have changed... (for the better!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Funny you should say that...

In the '80s Peter Brock (whose HDT operation was the precursor to HSV) built a few 5-litre Monzas, although they were never officially sold.

For more info see here.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
gromit said:
In the '80s Peter Brock (whose HDT operation was the precursor to HSV) built a few 5-litre Monzas, although they were never officially sold. QUOTE]

wow, so there you go! It woulda been the ugly duckling of the Monaro range though... at least today. Tho I must admit, it doesnt look COMPLETLY out of place....

A Walkinshaw Monaro woulda been cool tho! If anyone can be bothered photoshopping a walkie...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts