LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I...I...I got Nothin
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, I just picked up my GTO today and I have some parts laying arounf from my 1999 Trans Am. One of these parts is the SLP 85 MM MAF. Now when I purchased the MAF no mention was made of the year car it was going on.

Is there any kind of changes between this MAF and say, the SLP MAF for the GTO?

I'd have no intention of spending the money for a new SLP MAF, so if I can use this one, I will. Otherwise, who wants to buy it?

Thanks

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Does your setup have a separate wire/plug for the IAT? If so, it'll work, although calibration may not be optimum. The GTO does not have the ZO6/Vortec truck MAF that has the IAT combined with the MAF itself.

As to a MAF as a bolt-on mod, it will temporaraly add power because it'll lean it out, but once the MAF adjusts, it'll actually lose that power gain and generate nearly the same as the stocker. The Stock MAF is capable of outflowing the intake and supporting the engine up near 600hp. I'm running a stocker for tuning purposes on my H&C'md motor.

·
I...I...I got Nothin
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, Thanks for the help. That makes sense that the car would lose the power gain after a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts