LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On vacation this week, and already bored. So, being the obsessive car freak that I am, I decided to give Sheila the works. Wash, clay bar, 3 coats of Meguire's, and just had the window tint done (finally)! Hope you all like it. Appearance mods are now finished, time to dig into the motor - or should I wait for the warranty to be done? Decisions, Decisions....

·
'SEMPER FI' CGM Member
214 Posts
looks real nice man love what you did w/ it
quick ?? what kind of buffer do you use just planning on investing on a good one

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! No buffer used, just sweat and elbow grease. Below the fender emblem is one of the Holden High Output 5.7 V8 Badges. Still thinking of doing the repeaters, but probably not.

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
your neighborhood looks like the one on edward scissor hands. hehe.

That black rear panel on the trunk looks so damn good. I wish I had the motivation to have that done.

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jamesbiz said:
doesn't one coat of wax take off the first coat of wax?
I dunno, but I think it evens out the finish, especially if you missed even a small spot on the first pass. And, yes, the hood does look like Scissorhands!

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
I have to laugh because when someone said "a two day detail" I thought it was going to be a Zanio fanatic:eek: I opened up the pics and for the FIRST TIME I was truely impressed with a Zanio'd car:sneaky: , then I see it wasn't..LOL!!!

just goes to show that without worrying about a buffer and some hard work, there are cheaper products that work just as good or better

big props man:burnout:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm usually not a big fan of yellow, but that is a damn fine looking GTO!!

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been wanting to try Zaino, but ALL of the steps Z2,5,7, etc, etc! Oh hell, I just spent 2 days with this, can't be much harder - maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
tropi-care chris said:
Not sure what buffer he used, but for the money you cant beat the Porter Cable kit we sell at Tropi-Care.

www.tropi-care.com
A huge +1 to this comment... the Tropi-Care Porter Cable deal is the best one around, IMHO. And, they're a sponsor to boot...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
1969 SS said:
but he did it by hand
Yes, but CHICAGO GOAT threadjacked to ask what the best buffer to buy was. Tropi-Care responded, and I posted agreeing with them.

Pay attention next time :) <-joking

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
RobertHammen said:
Yes, but CHICAGO GOAT threadjacked to ask what the best buffer to buy was. Tropi-Care responded, and I posted agreeing with them.

Pay attention next time :) <-joking
I thought I was but maybe my head was up my :bootyshak

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick question - What cleaner is the best for tint? Is Invisible Glass OK, since it says on the can that it is safe for most window tint?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts