LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed the order via e-mail on Monday, JHP shipped that day. Today UPS backs up to my garage and I have to help the driver unload a palleted box. Not bad, 2 day delivery from Australia to Melbourne.... Florida.

Big arse box on pallet:

Big arse brakes:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
How much was shipping? And the parts too? Is that the twin piston setup? If so...why didn't you go with one of our sponsors in the US (not that JHP doesn't kick ass, just a curiosity based on shipping price).

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Benchmark your results please! I wanna know if they are worth it.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Sweet, They must have a distributor here. that is freaking quick for in-state deliverly.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Those are quite nice and I am sure you will be happy with the improved stopping distance. Are the brake lines braided or are they the OEM type? All I can say is have fun and let us know how you like them after they are installed.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
don't forget the international date line :) maybe they perfected worm hole shipping like the CDW ads.

Oh yeah an take pics every step of the way!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
oh, and some 100-0 tests would be really fabulous for comparison. but i understand if thats too much work.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
I dunno I got my wheels in 43 hours FROM Victoria, AUS!

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They came in via Qantas Express through Orlando Int Airport, then via UPS to the house. Kit cost $1330, shipping, including customs duties and UPS, was $562. Kit fit perfectly, unbolt old, bolt on new. Only custom modification was to trim the front brake dust shields on the top with a tin snip to clear the larger calipers. Took 2 hours on the lift, remove, install, bleed, done.

Feels much better now, don't have any panicky feelings when stomping the brakes to an emergency stop... it just stops. No drama. And they look way cool, filling the front wheels completely and even the backs are larger diameter, as well as vented unlike the solid stock rear rotors.

Forgot to add... the lines are braided with clear plastic covers.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
What's the kit include???

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
my wheels came super fast from JHP also

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The kit includes everything required to upgrade the brakes. Slotted rotors, PBR red calipers, braided lines, caliper bolts and front bracket extensions, and banjo bolts w/copper washers. These parts and some hand tools will allow you to upgrade the brakes in just a couple of hours, nothing else required.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
What are the rotor sizes front & rear?

Doc

Looks great by the way!

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
JHP look after you guys well because you are better than a printing press in the back room for making money.

How else do you think Geoff can afford his brand new HSV coupe 4 ? :gr_jest:

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Is this a front and back kit or only fronts?

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's Geoff's initial email to me:
"The PBR full brake kit to suit your GTO is $1330 USD which contains large front (330mm) & rear rotors (315mm), brake calipers, brake pads, braided brake lines, and all nuts and adaptor plates needed to complete the conversion (it also comes with full detailed instructions / photos)"

And if I helped finance his new toy, more power to him, as the service and price were excellent.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
my concern is with the pads, since they aren't original and there aren't a whole lot of GTO's in the states, where do you get replacements and how long ahead of time do you need to plan for replacements? What about lifetime availability of the pads in 5 yrs, 10 yrs or longer? I want better brakes but I also want to be able to get pads down the road.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
isszy said:
JHP look after you guys well because you are better than a printing press in the back room for making money.
Hey guys,

I think I have presented the wrong impression with this post. I think it is great that you have chosen to buy from an Australian company and it is even better that they are providing such great service and fantastic turnaround.

As a group, GTO owners seem to be very prepared to spend extra on their cars and it is great an Australian company is getting some of that extra.

Sorry if I sounded otherwise

Brett

1 - 20 of 25 Posts