LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I LOVE YOU PAP
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its long but anytime a flyby is stopped its worth reading.

My girlfriend and I (who were driving seperate, Me Gto her Civic) she was behind me and said some @$$ in a grand am was driving crazy and cut her off (i dont mean to offend anyone, but i think in general most grand am drives a american ricers.) so now i was on the look, out for him:wall: not MMOB. Well within 2 mins i see him coming up. he follows right behind me for about 30 secs and then swings over to right lane and tries to pass. when he gets dead even i drop it to "3" and punch it :gears: take it up to about 100 with atleast 2 or more buses on him and shut it down. Well who didnt no here he come again. this time i really wanted to make him feel like a turd so i let him fly by, he gets about 6-8 car lengths ahead he was probably going around 90. once again i drop it into "3" and punch it. i pass him around 130 and gave him the flashers. i know he was probably like :hail: :whine: :eek: :eek2: :cry: all at the same time. yea i know 130 is crazy but i havent had betsy for 2 days (was gettin inspected) and plus he was messin with my girl so i had to shut him down. plus like i said im not too fond of grand am drivers. I get in rihgt lane and put the cruise on and let him pass. now im MMOB when i see a set of fogs approaching (i always interpert fog lights as a threat). i cant tell what it is (either a grand prix, tibron, eclipse). im still crusing in right lane he pulls next to me GIANT WING on the back. I wait until our bumpers are even drop it to 3 and take off. He hung back for about 2 mins and then i could see him approaching for the flyby. well i timed it pretty good. He got about 1 car head and then i put a few buses on him up to about 120. I no, i no but like they say "once you pop you cant stop" :yumyum: :yumyum:

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
its always funny when people try who can't hang..... nice kill

·
Registered
335 Posts
gtogtogto said:
Its long but anytime a flyby is stopped its worth reading.

My girlfriend and I (who were driving seperate, Me Gto her Civic) she was behind me and said some @$$ in a grand am was driving crazy and cut her off (i dont mean to offend anyone, but i think in general most grand am drives a american ricers.) so now i was on the look, out for him:wall: not MMOB. Well within 2 mins i see him coming up. he follows right behind me for about 30 secs and then swings over to right lane and tries to pass. when he gets dead even i drop it to "3" and punch it :gears: take it up to about 100 with atleast 2 or more buses on him and shut it down. Well who didnt no here he come again. this time i really wanted to make him feel like a turd so i let him fly by, he gets about 6-8 car lengths ahead he was probably going around 90. once again i drop it into "3" and punch it. i pass him around 130 and gave him the flashers. i know he was probably like :hail: :whine: :eek: :eek2: :cry: all at the same time. yea i know 130 is crazy but i havent had betsy for 2 days (was gettin inspected) and plus he was messin with my girl so i had to shut him down. plus like i said im not too fond of grand am drivers. I get in rihgt lane and put the cruise on and let him pass. now im MMOB when i see a set of fogs approaching (i always interpert fog lights as a threat). i cant tell what it is (either a grand prix, tibron, eclipse). im still crusing in right lane he pulls next to me GIANT WING on the back. I wait until our bumpers are even drop it to 3 and take off. He hung back for about 2 mins and then i could see him approaching for the flyby. well i timed it pretty good. He got about 1 car head and then i put a few buses on him up to about 120. I no, i no but like they say "once you pop you cant stop" :yumyum: :yumyum:

Hey, I have an 03 Grand Am and 03 Frand Prix. At 40 I am certainly not a ricer. Oh yea, I forgot to mention the 06 GTO. Seriously tho, I don't condsider the Grand Am an American ricer.

·
I LOVE YOU PAP
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats why i said no offense, Not every turd stinks, a few smell like roses. lol, jk. well at my campus alone there are 3 grand ams with stickers, exhausts, spoilers, and crazy paint jobs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm usually in the Grand Am when I get someone who wants to act stupid. Whenever I'm in the GTO( not often ) I hardly get anybody that does that. Luckily I don't see that with Grad Ams here but the Hondas....thats another story. Sometime tho, you just have to put them in their place, well, maybe not up to 120.

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
yeah, no one ever wants to play when i'm in my goat :( i know damn well their scared, lol...not even a tt supra wanted to go... he prob woulda beat me, but he didn't bother..

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
130 in 3rd gear, that doesnt add up. Im sure you switched to 4th and didnt say. I know I am pointing out details but I am redlineing at 100 in 3rd.
Chuch

·
Registered
938 Posts
not to get off the subject but dont forget the cavaliers...btw nice kills

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Find some real races man. It's like me saying I'm better at hockey than my 10 year old brother.

·
I LOVE YOU PAP
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lorider680 said:
130 in 3rd gear, that doesnt add up. Im sure you switched to 4th and didnt say. I know I am pointing out details but I am redlineing at 100 in 3rd.
Chuch
i mean i dropped it into 3rd and then at redline up shifted to "D".

trust me i rarely find any prey when im in betsy. But you better believe when im my girls civic, everyone and their mother wants to race. . . . .
well a few weeks back i did get to run a NSX. But usually you'll find me in the right hand lane with cruise control on (averaging 19.6 city/highway mix, sweet!) waiting for a challenge :secret: .

·
Registered
763 Posts
I was riding in an early 4th gen Firebird that tried a flyby on a Grand Am around here. It didn't turn out too well for the Firebird. I was VERY impressed by the Grand Am. Sounded like he had something wrong with his pwer steering pump. :secret: I never knew they made twin screw blowers for those cars but I guess they do.

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
I never get challenged in the goat. But this forum is tired of my "Volvo - R type" kills.

·
vetteman
536 Posts
1 reason y people drive the grand ams the way they do is because it says ram air on the front and they have a fake ass ram air system and they think those cars are superfast. every g/am gt model driving by me me always drives like hes in nhra and then i just give my engine a drink of gas and its over. thats the whole reason i got the gto because i owned a grand am and before i bought it home i used to think those things were fast. then i got in it drove it out of the lot hit the gas and then i realized it wasnt fast at all so eventually i worked up to gettin a gto and its like im happily married to it haha. so **** grand am drivers now **** em hard :bootyshak :gears: :fawkdance

·
Long Standing Member
1,776 Posts
Good kills.

My DD is a Grand Am. It's reliable and I've engaged in more races in it than the GTO. I've pissed off alot of import car and V8 SUVs owners in it that tried to race me to an intersection. It's not that it's fast it's that you have to be much faster to pull off some of the bone head maneuvers people do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts