LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, any ideas about what is best for me to do since I live in a 2 plate state? I don't want to ruin the front of my car, so what options do I have that I can deal with rather than drilling in a prominent area, or does it look fine with the plates wherever the dealer will put them?

Any ideas, I did a search, but only came up with a few threads.

I heard something about using plastic ties to hold the plate in place, anyone have a picture of this, and can tell me if it's legal here in NY?

Thanks in advance,
-Chris

·
KBAS
221 Posts
Plate not that bad

I've got the GM plate holder. I had the dealer put it on (the least the could do with the price being so high). :banghead: I live in FL, but I had to take the car to Germany (Maxed out at 155 'cause of the Governor... Predator Tuner should take car of that! Love the AUTOBAHN!!!!) I'll upload a pic in the next few days so you can see... but I agree that it looks so much better w/o the damn plate.
-KBAS

·
Odd Man Out
276 Posts
California is a 2-plate state. Here is what I did with my last car and what I'm going to do with the Goat: I break the frame, attach the plate to it, and put it in the trunk. If I should ever be asked about it by a cop, I'm gonna say that it just broke off and that the replacement has to be shipped in from Michigan and I'm waiting for it, and I have the broken one in my trunk to prove it. But I've been driving without a front plate around Cali for the past 4 years, and hundreds of cops have looked at the front of my car and never pulled me over (knock on wood). How much could the ticket be anyway? It's not a moving violation. I'd rather pay a couple of cheap tickets than drill holes in my bumper.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I like to use 3m double stick tape.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CF4Eyes said:
Okay, any ideas about what is best for me to do since I live in a 2 plate state? I don't want to ruin the front of my car, so what options do I have that I can deal with rather than drilling in a prominent area, or does it look fine with the plates wherever the dealer will put them?

Any ideas, I did a search, but only came up with a few threads.

I heard something about using plastic ties to hold the plate in place, anyone have a picture of this, and can tell me if it's legal here in NY?

Thanks in advance,
-Chris
here are too options
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7645&highlight=plate
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6388&highlight=ebay
hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts