LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, after all day watching Mustangs, STIs, and Vettes going the other way, I pull out at the bottom of my hill right behind a really nice C5, beautiful, well detailed black with chrome wheels. I'm behind him at the light, NMMOB, making a left onto a short 1/4 stretch of a four laner before it narrows back down to two lanes. I'm behind him, and I knew he wanted to go because I could see him eyeing my car up at the light through the rear view. We jump out with me behind and we are dead nuts even through third until I missed 4th:mad: . The road opens back up about 1 mile later to four lanes with a good mile stretch before a light. We jump out in the left lane and from a 60 roll dump it. Again dead even through fourth, but then the strangest thing happened. I started to pull pretty hard on him in fifth, and had to get out of it because I was getting really close to him, and we were running out of real estate. Had we more space I could have jumped over in the other lane and started to pull even.

Really nice guy, pull next to him at the light and we exchange thumbs up, and he exclaims, "Damn that things frickin fast."
Me:"Thanks Man, your C5 runs awesome, great run. What do you have done?"
C5 Guy: " Just exhaust, and Airbox."
Me:"Have a great night."

I was hoping to see some Z06 badges, to boost my ego a little, but no dice. Can't wait for my re-tune on Monday.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Cool! I wanna run a C5 to see what happens.:patriot:

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
i actually ran a c5 z06 about an hour ago, we were dead even through 3rd, but both left off cuz of the area we were in..

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fenderplayer said:
i actually ran a c5 z06 about an hour ago, we were dead even through 3rd, but both left off cuz of the area we were in..

You start to see the hp difference up high in fourth, but they are a pretty good match through third. I picked up 18 hp and 25 tq on my re-tune, if we ran again it would be a different story:gears:

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
My wife and I were out a few nights ago.....her in the GTO and me in the vette. We pulled up to a light and she revved me......LOL. We went for it.....I had her by about 2 at the top of second and let off. No nitrous for either car.....both just on motor. Close enough to where I'll bet if I was in the GTO I could have got her in the vette.....LOL

Of course, neither car is stock.....so I don't know what my point is.....other than it was fun! :)

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
John Doe said:
You start to see the hp difference up high in fourth, but they are a pretty good match through third. I picked up 18 hp and 25 tq on my re-tune, if we ran again it would be a different story:gears:
i need a re-tune pretty bad, just waiting for a few mods first before i pop the cash..

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
05-06 will pull a stock c5, nice run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts