LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not intending to restart the Cobra vs. GTO thread but the GTO does IN FACT KILL the 2004 Cobra in one area... The ability to turn heads!

A good friend of mine and I decided on getting some new toys a few months ago. He wanted the 04 Cobra and I had been waiting for the GTO for a few years. He took delivery of the Cobra about 2 months before I finally found my Barbados M6. We are both major car buffs and have been going to shows for a while now.

When he got his SVT he did get some looks but since I got my GTO it has been the talk of the town. When we park next to each other at the local watering hole on weekends people do not even notice the Cobra. The manager of the bar has actually asked me to park my car right in front of the place a few times!

Of course all of our friends want to see us race. I cannot see that happening because the outcome would cause a serious financial drain for upgrades on someones part. He is content as long as he knows he has more HP. When I mentioned getting the 05 with 405 HP he got nervous, but thats another story.

Anywho, we had a big BBQ for my bday last weekend and had quite the automotive lineup:

From L-R: My GTO, Mitsu 3000GT, Acura NSX, 2004 Cobra. Needless to say our parking lot got jammed up many times from ppl scopin' the rides!

And to top it off we had all of the bartenders there as well, note the goat in the background: :p

Overall turnout at the BBQ was about 50-60 attendees, was a BLAST!!!
_DM

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I know what you mean. I've gotten more people asking questions about my GTO in the few weeks I've had it to shows than I ever have with my Camaro (even when they wanted to know what I did to the engine on it) over the past five years.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
dmonty said:
And to top it off we had all of the bartenders there as well, note the goat in the background: :p
Is there a car in that photo ? Didn't see it... :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts