LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 04 GTO for a few years now. I actually traded a Camaro for this. Well, I've always had issues that I've just lived with. They are as follows:
1.No interior door lights, ignition light or dome, I do have all other lights
2. Air bag warning stays on
3. Radio volume- when you turn it up via the knob or steering wheel controls, it will either go down or stay at the current volume. I have to mess with it until it does increase.
4. Turn signals- will not blink. The light just stays on solid and that includes the indicator on the cluster. Is the turn signal switch bad?

Do I have a BCM issue or fuses or something else? Any help would be appreciated greatly. Don't know where to begin.

·
Worthless reject member
46,561 Posts
air bag light needs to get checked with a scanner that can handle it.

all the other issues sound fairly basic. turn signal could just be the flasher, a bad bulb affecting the resistance in the circuit.

i would check the door switches, the small ones in the door jamb that tell the BCM the door is open, they tend to corrode. check the dome light switch. bulbs may also just be bad.

i think your radio issue is common with the stock unit. not sure if bohnmann can fix it, but it may be time to just swap it out for an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
393 Posts
I had same issue with radio volume knob. The contacts inside the knob are dirty. To fix this get some electrical contact cleaner and spray it around the knob while turning it. Then get some compressed air and repeat. That completely fixed that issue.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've had my 04 GTO for a few years now. I actually traded a Camaro for this. Well, I've always had issues that I've just lived with. They are as follows:
1.No interior door lights, ignition light or dome, I do have all other lights
2. Air bag warning stays on
3. Radio volume- when you turn it up via the knob or steering wheel controls, it will either go down or stay at the current volume. I have to mess with it until it does increase.
4. Turn signals- will not blink. The light just stays on solid and that includes the indicator on the cluster. Is the turn signal switch bad?

Do I have a BCM issue or fuses or something else? Any help would be appreciated greatly. Don't know where to begin.
1. Check door striker switch towards the door hinge and make sure the screw is all the way threaded in as it acts as a ground.
2. Someone may have had the seats out at some point and unplugged the seat wiring harness with the key left on. You'll need the high tech scan tool by a dealer or self bought to fix this from what I have been told. I have removed my seats before but I just leave everything plugged in.
4. Check your hazard switch (if it is not plugged in or shorted out your turn signals wont work)

From what it sounds like the person that had the car before you must have had the interior torn apart at some point, and did not put things back together correctly from your problems you are having if you have always had these issues since you got the car.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
1. Check door striker switch towards the door hinge and make sure the screw is all the way threaded in as it acts as a ground.
2. Someone may have had the seats out at some point and unplugged the seat wiring harness with the key left on. You'll need the high tech scan tool by a dealer or self bought to fix this from what I have been told. I have removed my seats before but I just leave everything plugged in.
4. Check your hazard switch (if it is not plugged in or shorted out your turn signals wont work)

From what it sounds like the person that had the car before you must have had the interior torn apart at some point, and did not put things back together correctly from your problems you are having if you have always had these issues since you got the car.
the airbag can be reset with vzcluster cable also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts