LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
so the hoods would be offer to NEW deliveries on 04s? not 04s that have already been purchased? am i reading this correctly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats how I read it also... I don't know if I like the look of the scoops in that photo. I'd have to see some in a dealership before I went to get mine changed...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
it would be cool if GM offered the hoods to those who have ALREADY purchased a GTO. i would jump on it if the price was good.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Hmmm makes the original even the more rare. decisions.....decisions......decisions....
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is the hood sheet metal or fiberglass? Also, to Tail's point, would you keep the original in storage if you opted for the scooped hood? :cool:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
GTOKaren said:
Is the hood sheet metal or fiberglass? Also, to Tail's point, would you keep the original in storage if you opted for the scooped hood? :cool:
if they haven't said anything. then i would guess sheet metal. i would keep my original, i would not get much for it in the aftermarket.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
If I went with a new hood the old one would definitely be put in storage. Any parts that come off the car are going to be stored, the only way to keep up it's value - if - big if - it does become valuable. Besides it gives the wife one more reason to yell at me.

·
With thanks to Padre
356 Posts
the scooped hood is made of sheet metal, just like the old one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts