LS1GTO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(accidentally deleted the old thread and now re-posting)

For sale:

2004 GTO 5.7L, 6 speed manual, 39,500 miles. Black interior, impulse blue metallic paint.

I am the original owner. Car has never been in a wreck or accident. Has been garaged its whole life and the paint is in good shape except for where it's been dinged and scratched.

Car made 740HP at the wheels on a E85 tune and ran a 1.6 60' and 11.2 1/4mile at 6000'. Unknown HP now as it is on a 91 octane gas tune.

Modifications:
Short block is still stock.
  • Custom EDC cam and 11:1 ETP heads. Valve train completely upgraded.
  • TVS 2300 blower with cogs in the back, running around 14 PSI. NO belt slip!!! ~105mm throttle body.
  • Custom dual pump in tank fuel system(Lonnies) with return line and front mounted regulator. I added an E85 sensor to the system but the car is not running the flex fuel OS.
  • Currently running a very safe 91 octane gas tune. Fuel pressure is monitored through the aeroforce gauge.
  • Stainless Works 1 3/4" long tube headers and catback. Catted mids.
  • Upgraded clutch with Camaro slave and remote bleeder. Clutch has been holding up well.
  • Pedders suspension all the way around, with 1.25"? inch lift in front to level the car for better handling. Upgraded sway bars.
  • Porsche CV joints in the back and GForce stubs. Driveshaft is stock.
  • Brakes have stainless steel lines and upgraded rotors/Hawk street pads.
  • Line lock installed for the front brakes to warm up tires at the track.
  • Dual gauge pod in the interior with a LC-1 wideband and an Aeroforce gauge. The AF gauge needs to be replaced as the display only works within a certain temperature range as it's probably 12 years old at this point.
  • Meziere electric water pump.
  • SSR light weight wheels
  • Installed oil catch can to keep oil out of the intake system

The good:
Solid, fast, reliable car. Mods have been made with safety and reliability in mind (minus the high boost!) Will pass smog no problem, has good cats and no codes. Will even pass sniffer test.
Very nice high airflow banshee hood. Really makes a difference in underhood temps!
Stock rims and exhaust come with the car.
Pimpin' trunk liner!

The bad:
Tune is solid, except for really cold starts. It will fire right up but doesn't like to idle or go until its been running for 30ish seconds. Likely an IAC/tuning issue after replacing with a bigger throttle body. Once warmed up it runs great.
Will need new tires, soon.

The ugly:
I took the spoiler off(which I still have) and plugged it, thinking I would paint it one day. I didn't.
Dings on the trunk lid.
Ugly scratch on the right front fender.
Dashboard bezel is custom with a boost gauge, but the bezel is cracked. Have the stock one which I will include with the car.
Rear main seal will weep a bit after sitting all winter. Usually stops once you drive the car a bit.
Passenger window vent leaked glue when I repaired it. Won't come off.

In addition:
I have a boat load of other parts which I will be selling separately. Happy to sell them super cheap along with the car. Think 15" Weld drag rims, an extra rear-diff, and a bunch of other stuffs.

Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Blue Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window
Car Plant Speedometer Vehicle Odometer
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread
Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Car Grille Blue Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a almost sale fall through. Updated price and still available.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did you end up selling it? I sent a message three weeks ago and had not heard back. I am still possibly interested before I pull the trigger on a local one.

·
Administrator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't see any message, but I sometimes miss them with the new forum design. Have a potential buyer, supposed to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Administrator
21,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what website did you get the sale on? Mine sold from cargurus.
Facebook market place. Poor quality of leads, but lots of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.