LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Damn I’m dumb lmao I didn’t even think of that.

damn I didnt even think of that.
So, when guys do the typical TB bypass by routing the already existent tb steam port line back to the rad with a little barb, where does a that steam pressure dissipate? If not being passed through the tb?
Well mine being an 04 any air goes to the res and it if it still expands and thus increasing pressure the cap will do its job and release it. Same thing as an expansion tank for the later year.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
And when you say the cap will do it’s job and release it are you referring to a breather cap for the crank case? Or the coolant reservoir cap? Sorry I’m just a little confused. Cuz I thought the coolant lines running through the TB were simply to have warm coolant passing through to ensure no freezing of the throttle body or whatever. I didn’t realize that the steam port line to TB also helped release pressure
Yea I'm referring to the coolant cap as we are talking about coolant lines. The throttle body has nothing to do with it. The line itself has its own job to do.
You can do what ever you want. It's your car and you can find out if gonna be an issue or not. Hot spots have been well documented for a long time and their causes and effects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts