LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was approaching a red light today and noticed a Mustang GT sitting in the middle lane of 3 lane highway with outside lanes clear. I pulled along the right sight but sat just behind his door so he could not see my badges. We get the green and he isnt expecting anything so he leaves normally. I give just enough gas to pull by him and when he sees what his passing him (my rear even with his front) he starts to gun it and I do the same, just enough to keep pulling away. By third gear I was 2-3 lengths in front of him.

At next light he pulls alongside and I roll down the window and say "Not too shabby, huh?" He replies "MAN, THAT IS NIIIIICCCCEEEE!!!!!!!!" Of course the 'How do you like it?' & stuff follow.

I think it is SO COOL to hand someone their ass and see them with an ear to ear grin for having the chance to go against the goat!!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I prefer taking a slightly different approach. I like keeping the nose of my car even with his steering wheel so his perif... periphe... side vision sees the hood. If he seems to be taking a "normal" start, I might tweak the throttle. If he takes the bait and punches it, I like passing him on my way to victory.

Of course, you can't give just ANY car a half length head start, nor can you take a car length head start and say you "handed them their ass". But you're right, it IS fun to see that "ear to ear" grin people get when they see the Goat in action. Win or lose, you can't help but appreciate that the '04 GTO is a nice car.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FLORIT said:
Of course, you can't give just ANY car a half length head start, nor can you take a car length head start and say you "handed them their ass".
I hear ya Florit, but I intentionally just gave enough throttle to keep my pull away velocity constant ==> I still had pedal to work with. To be honest, I was suprised at the ability to play with a GT like that, and to be honest it gave me a entirely new "WHOLLY SHIOT" outlook of my goat!

I think he knew I was toying with him a bit and I agree that stating I handed him is ass may be a bit much for the way it played it out. I do feel that having the ability to maintain the same pull away velocity at varying levels of acceleration may justify it though.

Either way, this car still rocks!!!
_DM

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have enjoyed all the 4-bangers; some of which are pretty dang hot. Some of these killer Hondas with turbos and big friggin pipes. Had a couple on the Interstate, rolling from about 60-65, hammer it in 3rd and kick butt. Gotta luv. it. Had an eclipse with the boost cranked up, he did well at this game, but we came to a stop and he was an easy kill off the line, he even said so later. This car is too cool.
I told a marketing gal at Pontiac that if I still have a license at 6-months, I'll keep the car. She said they may use that for advertising. (I'm 53 yrs young, going on 18)

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
I usually just laugh at those guys for wanting to race with a POS Ricer when there only mod is Raceing stripes and a folgers cofee can on the back! My weedwacker has more horespower!

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
2loco said:
I usually just laugh at those guys for wanting to race with a POS Ricer when there only mod is Raceing stripes and a folgers cofee can on the back! My weedwacker has more horespower!
Great comparison:

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
FLORIT said:
Of course, you can't give just ANY car a half length head start, nor can you take a car length head start and say you "handed them their ass". But you're right, it IS fun to see that "ear to ear" grin people get when they see the Goat in action. Win or lose, you can't help but appreciate that the '04 GTO is a nice car.

I agree :)

And you mean GTO guys shouldn't be pickin' on us lowly GT owners...otherwise our big brothers might have to step in and result in a different outcome :D

And you guys really need to look out for SC'd GTs, because it seems to me that everybody and their brother is slapping a supercharger on a Mustang these days, and I still can't afford one :(

Nice run! :thumbs:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Was that an auto 2004 GT? Just wondering? The manuals are hi 13's stock and for you to pull on him like that would mean either he cant drive, he has an auto, or you are modded? So which was it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts