LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but I crept my way back in 2nd, and waved bye-bye in third. I shut it down not too long into third because we weren't exactly on the best road for street racing.

That thing is quick out of the hole, but the LS1 just had too much torque for him.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No wonder why it's so quick...its only 3131 lbs.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an M powered Z3. I think it's got 315 hp. My thread title is incorrect, it was a 2003 I believe.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
It's called an M Roadster dude. There's also an M Coupe (it's basically a hard top Z3 - pretty ugly though).

You don't see them calling it an M330ci do you? That's what I thought. :)

And according to what I've read, it's engine is the same engine as in the M3, which means 333HP.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phobos: My bad dude. You're right. I've also seen it refered to as the M Z3. You might be right about the HP too. I did a quick search and found 315, but I don't really know.

Either way...it was fun!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOWILL said:
Phobos: My bad dude. You're right. I've also seen it refered to as the M Z3. You might be right about the HP too. I did a quick search and found 315, but I don't really know.

Either way...it was fun!
I've seen 315 and 325 but also saying that it's the same engine as in the M3, meaning 333. it could be differences in exhaust but who knows - it's not even on BMW's site anymore of course.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
No matter what it's called it is still a good kill!!!

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
phobos512 said:
I've seen 315 and 325 but also saying that it's the same engine as in the M3, meaning 333. it could be differences in exhaust but who knows - it's not even on BMW's site anymore of course.
They don't make the M anymore. M roadster has the exact same set up as the M3 including the quad exaust pipes in the back, Except
Edmunds said:
Last year, BMW installed a massaged 3.2-liter inline six underneath the dome-like bonnet of the M coupe and roadster. Capable of brewing up 315 horsepower at 7,400 rpm, this is an increase of 75 ponies from the previous engine, and provides 251 foot-pounds of pure pin-you-to-the-seat thrust at 4,900 revs. It makes slightly less horsepower than in the M3s because some of the engine components had to be reduced so that it can fit into the engine bay of the smaller Ms.
I think they got rid of it because the new Z4's were coming out or its too dangerous for such a small car. Z4 has what 225hp max, big step down from its M brothers.

M Specs

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
You must not be stock huh? Those cars run a solid half second faster in the 1/4 than a stock GTO. They Dyno at 315whp.

NICE KILL...probably shocked the driver...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
You must not be stock huh? Those cars run a solid half second faster in the 1/4 than a stock GTO. They Dyno at 315whp.

NICE KILL...probably shocked the driver...

WKD,
isn't the C5 in your sig refering to your new Z06? if so, i wouldnt call it a 'stock" C5. kind of misleading ;)

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
WKD,
isn't the C5 in your sig refering to your new Z06? if so, i wouldnt call it a 'stock" C5. kind of misleading ;)

LOL
well I did reference the exhaust, and just found out it has FLP Longtube headers and X-pipe setup, didnt know this when I bought it. I will change it though just for you... :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts