LS1GTO Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
93, not E-85.
plenty of people are, and they are close to the limits, but not "static".
if your just looking to start a fight so you can get off on it, go elsewhere or kick your dog
You are NOT making 550whp on 93 on 33lb injectors period. You MIGHT make 550 crank (470whp if you take 15% loss) but that going to have injectors going static most likely, at best they will be 95%+ DC which is stupid to run.

Plenty of guys, myself included have seen duty cycles over 80% on just cam only setups. 80% is the recommended max safe duty cycle.

I'm not looking to start a fight but I'm also not going to sit back and watch someone give poor advice.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
440 Posts
I appreciate everyone's inputs. There is definitely some difference in opinion, which is not a bad thing, I personally love to debate. What I'm getting out of this is that, being that I've had my car tuned by what I consider to be a reputable shop for 93, there might not be much more to gain from doing E-85 on my otherwise stock setup.

I don't have plans to do forced induction, but I think I would like to do a cam at some point and maybe at that time I could upgrade injectors at the same time and do an E85 conversion as well. Would a good tune on E85 have any benefit over a good tune on 93 on a cam only engine (with appropriately upgraded injectors as well)?

·
Administrator
20,602 Posts
E85 will run a bit better even on n/a, if its readily available for you to buy. Its not available for me anymore so I stopped using it, which makes me a sad panda. Corrosion can be an issue, just use Chevron techroline(fuel system cleaner) every oil change or so and you will be fine.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I appreciate everyone's inputs. There is definitely some difference in opinion, which is not a bad thing, I personally love to debate. What I'm getting out of this is that, being that I've had my car tuned by what I consider to be a reputable shop for 93, there might not be much more to gain from doing E-85 on my otherwise stock setup.

I don't have plans to do forced induction, but I think I would like to do a cam at some point and maybe at that time I could upgrade injectors at the same time and do an E85 conversion as well. Would a good tune on E85 have any benefit over a good tune on 93 on a cam only engine (with appropriately upgraded injectors as well)?
The flex fuel sensor is pretty cheap and easy to do, you can buy a kit or piece your own together.

Like he said, if e85 is plentiful in your area and you are good with spending a little now to do a flex fuel setup it won't hurt anything. I'm HCI and my car lives on e85 but I have a station that tests out at 85-90% literally across the street from me lol

41 - 44 of 44 Posts