·
Suck a turd!
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comments welcome.

Running rich with stock tune.......

Link to Graph

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/hsaini/PICS/GTO/Helpful/STOCK_Monaro.jpg

If it says not authorized to view, just copy and paste the link in the open window and it will work.

or try this

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/hsaini/PICS/GTO/Helpful/

and than click on

Stock_Monaro.jpg

First Run: 4th Gear, Conditions 97 Degrees w 25% Humidity 323.24hp/325.74tq
Second Run: 3rd Gear, Conditions 96 Degrees w 24% Humidity 315.35hp/311.88tq

After initial setup, my ABS FAULT light came on. After the runs it went off automatically. I assumed since front wheels were not rotating.

Car is definately running rich. Any other observations guys?

Thanks
Rob

·
Unregistered User (dont tell)
640 Posts
Wow, the A/F fell right off the chart! You were probably also getting a lot of timing pulled if it was 97* out and your car was hot. Time for a tune.

·
Money Pit
1,519 Posts
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /hsaini/PICS/GTO/Helpful/STOCK_Monaro.jpg on this server.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Looks like my dyno run in my 05 M6 GTO in a 100 degree shop (S.W. Florida). It was an oven in that place. I only made 320 rwhp running pig rich.

But with headers and a tune my power jumped to 358 rwhp, also in a 100 degree shop.

·
Suck a turd!
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fat nick said:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /hsaini/PICS/GTO/Helpful/STOCK_Monaro.jpg on this server.
Once it says that, just click in the URL again and just press enter it will come up.........

Thanks
Rob

or try this

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/hsaini/PICS/GTO/Helpful/

and than click on

Stock_Monaro.jpg

·
Registered
498 Posts
Heat-soaked IAT (I betcha) + PIG rich.....

I bet with a tune, you'd be around 340ish

·
Suck a turd!
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What else can one do when getting a tune to fix this..........I don't mean performance or bolt ons.....

I mean small stuff:

Cags eliminator?
185 thermostat?
Get the fans to come on sooner?

Anyone done similar tune to stock car or waited for power adders or bolt ons before a proper tune? How much such tune runs?

Rob

·
Money Pit
1,519 Posts
Throw in a 160 t-stat that will help out some. You're rich as shit! Definately need a tune which would explain lower numbers. You're A4 or M6?

·
Registered
498 Posts
The IAT based timing retard table for these cars is extremely agressive. It can pull up to 11 degrees of timing when it gets heat soaked due to its poor location.

By simply relocating my IAT sensor, making the IAT based timing retart table a bit less agressive, and removing torque management...my car feels like a new animal on the street.

I honestly doubt a lower temp thermostat by itself will do squat for you considering you wouldn't be altering the fan on/off temps.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Torque Management is more prevalent on the A4 cars, but it is also there for M6 cars with Electronic Throttle Control (05, 06 GTOs). Basically, the idea is to limit torque in certain situations in order to increase transmission life. I personally do not see the value on a M6 car, therefore mine is eliminated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts