LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Buy it, build it, run it.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you look remember that the hood on this car is a stock 04 hood. Im sure everyone has drooled over the WOODWARD gto concept, that hood will also be included with this kit, which greatly improves the OVERALL appearance IMO. Also the new exhaust tips included aren't on this car either, but you can get a general idea. Now we need some ws6 pics!! haha

Again a hood extremely similar if not exact to this one will be with the kit:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice pics, man. I think the autocross look could grow on me in time. Interesting that there is a new rear bumper after all (not standard '05, and not autocross showcar). I believe this is the first clear shot we've had of it? Are you serious about the hood? That could be bad-ass. But what are those rims pictured? Yuck. I also still want to know if the autocross package can be had piecemeal.

Edit: The "GTO" lettering on the rear bumper looks too high up to me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
And if I may be so bold to ask...what is the price for the kit, any idea?

I may have missed this as well, are the wheels new also?

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
This rear looks better than the 2-toned version the 05's are supposed to come out with. In my opinion of course.......

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know anything about the wheels or anything, I've just passed on information i've heard from many along the rumormill. I was just driving through and saw the goat. I hope I don't get in trouble for posting these, but I got done eating at a restaurant nearby and just drove through and there it was. I figured if this car is driven to and from work, that people would see it anyway, and we all have, at the sema show. And pics of this rear bumper have been out for awhile now on ls1 websites. I could be wrong about the hood to. Im just passing along rumors, which are in fact, rumors. All I know is there is going to be a kit in 2005 and this very well could be the one.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I think the rear spoiler looks like ass.......to high and boxy..sort of rice-ish

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
TallyGoat said:
OK, that rear bumper is clearly the same one pictured here:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198728

That old pic was just too dark/grainy to make it out clearly.
And still I've never seen any comments about the fact that the car in that picture doesn't have a visible exhaust system.

As far as the spoiler being ricey, as I understand it, the definition of ricey is form without function, as I understand it. Granted, the form is usually gaudy as hell and covered in stickers, but that is nevertheless what it means. Our standard spoiler meets that criteria as well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Exceptional spy pics. The look is great to me except for the vents behind the front wheels - unless they have a function. I wonder what Bob Lutz thinks? If it sells he should be happy. BTW, a front license plate better go down in the black front lower grill or not at all.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
i just think the spoiler is up higher than it should be and the squared off look does not go with the car......I pic a tacky rice spoiler when i see that

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
car looks good i dont think its an 05 with the 5.7 on there ....

but the car looks good i shure wish they would let the 05 autocross pics out the GM ones..

the pics of the car that will be on the lots to buy

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually like the rear and sides alot. I plan on putting rksports spoiler on my 2005, as well as their front bumper, I hate the big driving lights on all pontiacs, they look ugly.

My 2005 is going to be black also, I think that front would look better in black because it would look more color matched, but I will definitely be replacing the front on my 2005. I simply wanted the kit for the rear, hood, and sides. Not to mention the beefy exhaust tips, (which arent pictured here).

Knowing my luck though I will get my 2005 and the concept judge kit will be produced!! I really like the sides and front on that car.

Again, im glad to be abord the GTO guys. I've had a 67 camaro and an 85 vette ( im 24 yrs old) but look forward to modifying my goat with you all and learning from all of you.

The anticipation kills though, I want my ls2!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
im sorry but i hate it.... whats with the louvers over the exhaust, whats with the holes in the side skirts, whats with the holes in the lower grilll.... and what is with the grey plastic surrounds on the upper gril. both grils should have matching colours and plastics.... in all honesty i think it looks tacky and yuck... Obviously they didn't consult anyone from HSV about how to do a nice sporty and classy body kit.

I think people are saying it looks rice because the bits just look like they have been slapped on... The car doesn't look like it was ment to have them. These should improve on the flow and the grace of the car. Not just hang off it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i like some of the autocross stuff... so i would also like to pick and choice what i use... but where would you buy the stuff??? anyone got a website?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts