LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bought the car in July of 2005 with 3 miles on it, CGM. Bone stock, 118K on the clock. Still on original brakes, suspension, etc. This is my first upgrade. The motor is still tight as a drum. Thanks for this gem GM

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 spd., h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSS 1000 1 pc. Driveshaft
89 Posts
Sweet. Neet that you had the car since new and have only done that to it. Any plans for future modifications or just stay stock?

·
1 of 40,757
6,484 Posts
Ha. You know a GTO has been treated well when it has orig brakes at 100k miles.

I’ve changed pads twice on mine during its 92k mile life. 2nd time was because I picked up the slightly larger Z06 pads.

I can’t imagine your tire wear is great up front with original bushings, the radius rod bushing were shot on my car 5k miles. If yours aren’t it’s a unicorn.

New struts, RR bushings and strut top bushings would probably make the car drive a bit better.

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
118k on the stock suspension? Geez.

I’m impressed the OEM strut mounts haven’t failed.

Reactions: PhantomBlack04

·
Worthless reject member
41,015 Posts
99% highway driving on smooth roads? dunno how that's even POSSIBLE but i guess it could be.

I mean, also, you have to consider that if these cars were driven as intended (because it is just a 2-door commodore commuter car) everything probably would last longer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet. Neet that you had the car since new and have only done that to it. Any plans for future modifications or just stay stock?
Not really. Cleaned her up today. Parked her again. I have Lovells springs at factory height coming and some front suspension bushings to change due to age

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha. You know a GTO has been treated well when it has orig brakes at 100k miles.

I’ve changed pads twice on mine during its 92k mile life. 2nd time was because I picked up the slightly larger Z06 pads.

I can’t imagine your tire wear is great up front with original bushings, the radius rod bushing were shot on my car 5k miles. If yours aren’t it’s a unicorn.

New struts, RR bushings and strut top bushings would probably make the car drive a bit better.
You read my mind. She is due for suspension work - parts are drying up, although no torn boots or bellows yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

IMG_0404~2.jpg

2005 CGM M6 ...Simple lines, still a sleeper

118k on the stock suspension? Geez.

I’m impressed the OEM strut mounts haven’t failed.
99% highway driving on smooth roads? dunno how that's even POSSIBLE but i guess it could be.

I mean, also, you have to consider that if these cars were driven as intended (because it is just a 2-door commodore commuter car) everything probably would last longer.
I live in Santa Clarita, So Cal. Mostly highway miles to work and back. I did do a few runs to Willow's Stings back in the day too and on the 58 Fwy testing her against my '04 Terminator. To see who had the higher top end...that is another story

Will post pics tomorrow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts