LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this will help, but this is the current status of my personal '05 GTO order. Maybe the timeline presented here will help others estimate their deliveries.

8/27/04 : Order Placed
8/30/04 : Event code 3000 - Accepted by Production Control
9/23/04 : Event code 3100 - Available to sequence
9/27/04 : TPW and Estimated Delivery Date issued
TPW = 11/08/04 EDD = 12/04/04

So...if the Estimated Delivery Date is correct (hopefully sooner...yeah right), then it's taking just over 3 months from order time to delivery.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
With the 04's a ship left OZ about every three weeks. It takes about 18 days for the ship to cross the Big Pond to Benecia CA. Shipping from Benecia should take from 1-3 weeks. (04's took 1-4 months) Advertised delivery is 60-90 days from TPW.

:drink::drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tails said:
Advertised delivery is 60-90 days from TPW.
Where is this advertised? My order guide doesn't address that at all. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
 

·
Expelled
Joined
·
8,316 Posts
Tails said:
With the 04's a ship left OZ about every three weeks. It takes about 18 days for the ship to cross the Big Pond to Benecia CA. Shipping from Benecia should take from 1-3 weeks. (04's took 1-4 months) Advertised delivery is 60-90 days from TPW.

:drink::drink:
Here you go!!

I ordered in Jan 04

told 12 weeks would have car. like last week of March.

12 weeks later cars not even built

car finally built 4/22 (i think)

sat 5 weeks in AUS

got on a boat 4 weeks over seas

got to san fran 4 weeks SAT THERE!!!

got tried of the bull**** from 1st dealer went to a differnet dealer and they bought one in from another state for me.

I think the car i ordered got to the dealership in the middle of AUG.

so it took 4 months to build 4/5 months to get it here after it was built!!

I hope pontiac does something about that shipping **** it was terrible. I had no problem waiting I ordered and i was going to wait. My salesman was great, but the managers were ****s so i left after waiting 6/7 months. It kind of pissed me off but the 1st dealer wouldnt cut me a better deal unless i took the black demo car I was paying 300 off mrsp (which was great in JAN at the time), new dealer promised 1,000 off mrsp then when he couldnt find me a blue, 1500 off mrsp on a red. Even offered me a silver for around 29,800.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
HRJ said:
Where is this advertised? My order guide doesn't address that at all. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
I got that from Pontiac a while ago. It looks like if you hit everything just right it might be 6 weeks as the shortest possible time. The longest wait looks like 11-12 weeks? Much better then the 04's.

:drink::drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
"....one of these GTOs will receive the vehicle they ordered about 90-days after it is built."

Taken from a GM press release last year when GTO ordering started. This time frame was based on no problems. Many early-mid year 2004 GTO orderes did suffer from system problems that delayed delivery even more. From what I have seen posted, that delivery estimate would be the same (at this point in the order time line) if it was a Grand Prix was being built during the week of November 8th. Nothing has been posted about any improvements in Pontiac's delivery system that would change that 60-90 day time estimate from last year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HRJ said:
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this will help, but this is the current status of my personal '05 GTO order. Maybe the timeline presented here will help others estimate their deliveries.

8/27/04 : Order Placed
8/30/04 : Event code 3000 - Accepted by Production Control
9/23/04 : Event code 3100 - Available to sequence
9/27/04 : TPW and Estimated Delivery Date issued
TPW = 11/08/04 EDD = 12/04/04

So...if the Estimated Delivery Date is correct (hopefully sooner...yeah right), then it's taking just over 3 months from order time to delivery.

Hope this helps.
UPDATE- My car has now been assigned event code "3450-Import Vehicle Produced" as of 11/10/2004. At least the TPW was accurate....
 

·
...and former GTO owner.
Joined
·
841 Posts
HRJ said:
UPDATE- My car has now been assigned event code "3450-Import Vehicle Produced" as of 11/10/2004. At least the TPW was accurate....
Cool. It actually looks like they might get here in December.

I was wondering If you can do me a favor. I am looking for a 2005 located near me that has already been ordered. Dealers by me will not give me a straight answer about when the 2005's will arive.

If I give you three dealers, could you see how many 2005's they have on order and what event code they are in? If yes, please list what colors (interior/exterior) and tranny options. Or any other information, including dealer installed options. If you do not want to list them, send me a PM. Thanks again. Here they are.

1)King O'Rourke Buick Pontiac GMC
5184 Nesconset Hwy.
Port Jefferson, NY 11776

2)King O'Rourke Cadillac Olsmobile Buick Pontiac GMC
756 Smithtown Bypass
Smithtown, NY 11787

3)Neil Pontiac
1800 Route 112
Medford, NY 11763
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem.
**************************************
1) King O'Rourke Buick Pontiac GMC (3 ordered)
5184 Nesconset Hwy.
Port Jefferson, NY 11776
BAC# 118002
------------------------------------------
Order#HQFKNQ
6-speed, Phantom Black/Black
Event Code: 3300-Scheduled for Production

Order#HMRJHT
6-speed, Midnight Blue/Black
Event Code: 3450-Import Vehicle Produced

Order#HPQC9M
6-speed, Cyclone Gray/Black
Event Code: 3100-Available to Sequence (comes before Schedule for Production)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next....
*******************************************
2) King O'Rourke Cadillac Olsmobile Buick Pontiac GMC (5 ordered)
756 Smithtown Bypass
Smithtown, NY 11787
BAC#170745

Order#HNFG9F
6-speed, Cyclone Gray/Black
Event Code: 3100-Available to Sequence

Order#HNFG9H
6-speed, Midnight Blue/Black
Event Code: 3300-Scheduled for Production

Order#HNFG9J
6-speed, Phantom Black/Black
Event Code: 3000-Order Accepted by Production Control

Order#HNFG9G
6-speed, Phantom Black/Black
Event Code: 3300-Scheduled for Production

Order#HNFG9D
6-speed, Midnight Blue/Black
Event Code: 3100-Available to Sequence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last...
*********************************
3)Neil Pontiac (4 ordered)
1800 Route 112
Medford, NY 11763
----------------------------------------
Order#HSCF9P
Auto, Torrid Red/Red
Event Code: 3100-Available to Sequence

Order#HPPSR9
Auto, Midnight Blue/Black
Event Code: 3100-Available to Sequence

Order#HPPSR8
6-speed, Torrid Red/Black
Event Code: 3100-Available to Sequence

Order#HPPSR7
6-speed, Phantom Black/Black
Event Code: 3100-Available to Sequence


The End

Of note: None of these cars were built with BZJ option (hood scoop delete)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Of even more interest: I did a search to see who in the country HAS ordered Hood Scoop Delete option, and there has not been a single one.
 

·
MBM/M6
Joined
·
613 Posts
HRJ - since it appears that you have access to a system that I don't, could you look up one more order and give me it's status?

Vehicle Order Number: HNDF5N
Cyclone Grey/Black M6

Thanks!

Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2K5 GTO said:
HRJ - since it appears that you have access to a system that I don't, could you look up one more order and give me it's status?

Vehicle Order Number: HNDF5N
Cyclone Grey/Black M6

Thanks!

Rich
It is at event "3100-Available to Sequence"
Target Production Week is 11/29/04

Looks like you ordered it before mine (8/07) but that one of the options changed (13U Quicksilver to 12U Cyclone Gray) so that set it back somewhat.

Hope this helps! :)
 

·
MBM/M6
Joined
·
613 Posts
HRJ said:
It is at event "3100-Available to Sequence"
Target Production Week is 11/29/04

Looks like you ordered it before mine (8/07) but that one of the options changed (13U Quicksilver to 12U Cyclone Gray) so that set it back somewhat.

Hope this helps! :)
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. I ordered it October 1, but I don't know when the dealer ordered it. They just called me at the end of September and said they had 2005s on order. I told them what I wanted and they said they had one of them coming, due in February. I went in on October 1 and gave them a $500 "first right of refusal" check.

If the "three months from TPW to dealer lot" timing is correct, then it looks like it might even be March before I see it. That's cool, though, cuz that's my birthday month.

Thanks again for the info.

Edit: I just looked at the Vehicle Order Detail sheet again and noticed that it was printed on 9/15. That may be around when they placed the order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2K5 GTO said:
I just looked at the Vehicle Order Detail sheet again and noticed that it was printed on 9/15. That may be around when they placed the order.
According to GM, the vehicle was ordered using that order # on 08/07/2004.


EDIT-They probably changed an existing order. That would explain the color change.
 

·
MBM/M6
Joined
·
613 Posts
Interesting...

Thanks again, HRJ. Maybe I'll ping you again in a month to see what the status is then. (If you don't mind, of course.)
 

·
...and former GTO owner.
Joined
·
841 Posts
WOW! Thanks HRJ! :hail:

It looks like this one has the same TPW as yours.
Order#HMRJHT
6-speed, Midnight Blue/Black
Event Code: 3450-Import Vehicle Produced

When do you think the boat will leave? Do you think all the orders you listed will be on that first boat?

I know we will be the last to get them here in New York. I think it took the first 2004s 2 weeks to get from California to New York.

This is great information. :) Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[QUOTE='91 Formula]When do you think the boat will leave? Do you think all the orders you listed will be on that first boat?[/QUOTE] Your guess is as good as mine...
 
1 - 20 of 409 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top