LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was out of town all weekend and come back to get in the GTO and go for drive.

Get in no clock on radio, nothing on gauge cluster. Turn key not a peep. I notice that my security light is flashing. I disconnect and reconnect battery still nothing. Check all fuses nothing wrong.

I had a optima red top battery that I bought brand new few weeks ago and never got to put in. So I put it in an still nothing. I go to connect terminals and my security lights are flashing but no alarm. Click button on key fob and it shuts off.

I couldn't find any similar enough problems to mine so I made my own post.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also trunk won't pop. Put I had it open and the light was on. Light comes on in glove box, and in center console. But nothing else is working.

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Optima I just put in is brand new. I can't find my damn meter. Gonna run grab a new one.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Use the secret menu to access it through the cluster

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay checked the battery and it's a 12v and when turn the key it doesn't change at all. Hit brake lights there is a drop. Still nothing in cab and can't find any fuses.

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having trouble still. Have tried everything I can think of checked everything and I don't know how gonna have it towed when I can't shift the car outta park even. FML.

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tail, and headlights working, flashers, all cab lights working. I'm drinking a beer before I light it on fire. Anyone wanna buy a GTO that won't even roll cause it's stuck in park????

·
Registered
317 Posts
The battery is dead. Known to happen when letting the car sit for a few days. I put a battery tender on mine whenever I'm going to let it sit for more than a day or two. The tender cost me like 7 bucks at Harbor Freight.

12v even is about a 40-50% charge. Fully charged you should be at 12.5-12.6v or more.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
BCM wires?

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1400502642.425215.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1400502663.546585.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1400502688.666036.jpg

Okay. So I needed to get the car moved to take to a shop. I messed with it all day with no luck. Before noticing my ignition fuse. The second from bottom was not getting any power like it should be and the red wire under the column is for ignition no power either.

So I gave it power from another fuse spot that had a constant 12v's and what do you know, radio shows the time and gauges show the mileage.

So I start it up and go to roll the windows up and it pops the ignition fuse. So I replace it with spare and go for it again and it works and doesn't blow it until I try to use something else electrical. I replace again and leave it sitting. Woke up this morning and it's perfectly fine so I drive it to work to have one of the guys at the shop look at it today.

So basically for some reason my ignition is not getting any power and this is keeping everything from working. I'm tired of messing with it now. Gonna leave it to a professional.

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah thats what my guess is. Or possibly the VATS is keeping the ignition from getting power???

Idk but taking it to the dealership to have them work on it. Hoping they wont break the bank.

Will update as soon as problem is found.

·
Registered Winner
7,229 Posts
Before this happened, what work had you done on the car in the last 30 days? Stereo work, header install, etc?

·
Registered
98 Posts
They might break your bank (i work as a service advisor at a dealership). to bad your not this way i usually take some off the top so its not to bad

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Before this happened, what work had you done on the car in the last 30 days? Stereo work, header install, etc?
Nothing electrical has been done in the last 30 days.

I installed a 1 piece DS, axles and stubs. Lol. But nothing that would affect it electrically.

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I checked BCM wires and found no rubbing and to be safe I went ahead and wrapped them up for protection.

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They might break your bank (i work as a service advisor at a dealership). to bad your not this way i usually take some off the top so its not to bad

Well come to find out I know the service manager at the dealership. Went to high school and played sports with his son.

He said he will help me out and keep me updated on it. So im hoping its nothing to bad at all.

·
Taxi Cab Driver
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cars fixed...... As usual a common error by me and overlooking things it was simple fix dealership didn't even charge me. Felt like a idiot after I talked to tech and we had a laugh.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts