LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sketch shows what Performance West Group has suggested to Pontiac management for the 2005 Pontiac GTO. PWG calls it "The Tiger King." The following enhancements, it says, infuse this vehicle with character from the Pontiac gene pool:
• 1968 GTO-inspired twin nostril hood flanking classic Pontiac "ironing board" raised center
• "Tiger Gold Pearl" House of Kolor paint
• 18-in. "Tribute" wheels by Oasis inspired by original Hurst wheels
• Stainless steel 3-piston "Tri Power" calipers and 14-in. slotted rotors
• Kenne Bell supercharged 5.7-liter V8 engine
• Hurst Competition Plus shifter for 6-speed manual transmission
• Exhaust splitters by Year One
• "Off the shoulder" roll-and-pleated leather parchment interior by Katzkin

2005 GTO

·
Registered
529 Posts
I haven't liked most of the hoods and scoops I've seen, but this one is growing on me. I've seen this posted elsewhere. If I could just see it in blue or red. Maybe on of our photoshop guru's could do a number on it? PendragonZ?

The 18's wheels are a no-brainer as well as some sort of aftermarket exhaust. I really don't like the idea of turbo's or superchargers though. It has always seemed like the short cut. I like the cam, head and exhaust mod's I hear cmntmxr and others talking about. I guess I just like the idea of having 400 horses of naturally aspirated inspiration.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I don't care for it, the front end reminds me of a current Sunfire.

But then again, I like clean uncluttered lines, which is why I don't like hood scoops, lots of front end sculpting, etcc, etc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It seems kind of funny but the 2005 looks more like an Aussie car (think Mad Max) then does the '04 GTO. I have a '99 GTP and love the front end look, I was very disappointed in the '04 Grand Prix's and am very happy the GTO resembles the '97-'03 Grand Prix's.

Shawn

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have fixed that particular problem. My wife drives the Impala and I drive the GTO.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts