LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
FRESCHES GUMMI
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but does Holden have any plans to produce a HSV GTO in 2005? If so, are there any images of it or spy shots floating around?

Thanks!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Of course they do, just like theyll make the better GTS model. I just wonder whther theyll update the AWD coupe 4 as it's only been released in the last month.

Havent seen any spy shots, but cheak back on www.ls1.com.au - if any come out, thats where theyll be.

·
FRESCHES GUMMI
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Images of the VZ HSV Coupes have been released, but can't be accessed because you have to be a member of StreetCommodores to get them. Can anyone get them over here? Here's the thread.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts

Those are the images of the VZ HSV GTO from the StreetCommodores site. Aside from the hood, exhaust and wheels it seems to be the same. Of course that's just the outside, the inside is quite changed.

Remember the pics of that car with the HSV back and Pontiac front end? It was clearly a VZ test car.

·
FRESCHES GUMMI
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, but I dismissed that car as a Frankenstien after seeing that it had a GTO front fascia, HSV GTO side skirts and spoiler, and a Coupe4 rear. It doesn't look like the VZ HSV GTO has any panels we haven't seen before. I guess these pics are official, though, so it settles that.

Thanks for the pics!

EDIT: I had read that the '05 Monaro uses the GTO headlights, so converting a '04 Pontiac to the HSV would be easier - '05 VZ fascia, '04 rear, and the rocker panels and spoiler are the same. The turn signals would still have to be relocated, and you'd still have to get the running lights from the HSV, but it'd be a tad less expensive.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
that is a sweet gauge pod too...

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
TRAMS_AM said:
Isn't the '05 getting that pod with a oil pressure gague and a volt meter?
The 05 GTO? No...The 05 Monaro, yes. The HSV's get that one as they have a tire pressure monitoring system. Pretty slick IMO.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just on the headlight thing... HSV have continued with the old ones so they don't have to change the front bumper to save $$$$.

·
FRESCHES GUMMI
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
from oz said:
Just on the headlight thing... HSV have continued with the old ones so they don't have to change the front bumper to save $$$$.
Thanks for the heads up!

·
FRESCHES GUMMI
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, a guy on this thread says that the Coupe4 lights he just bought are the same as the GTO's. Does this mean that the VZ HSV GTO does, in fact, use the 2005 Monaro / Pontiac GTO headlights?

Where's TriShield? :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Coupe4 lights are different to the the current HSV GTO, case in point, see the gap between the headlight itself and the bumper. There is no black space in the hsv gto headlight.

As has been said before. They didnt change the front bumper on the HSV GTO so they didn't wan't to retool the bumper just to put in new headlights. The production run for the HSV coupe body style is somewhere between the high 100's and low 1000's.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My 2005 HSV GTO. Lights are same as previous model. New Coupe 4 using 2005 body is about to be released and retains same front end i.e. no bonnet scoops, but picks up new rear making it the same as all other models - (relocated fuel tank, reduced boot/trunk space etc).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spent a bit of time with the HSV Design Engineers in my last job and one of the things they had me look into was supplying LED lights to go in the mirrors for turn indicators as per the latest BMW's and Mercs. Unfortunately my next commision cheque that I never received has left me out of the loop a bit. What I can tell you is that the next model to be released the VE will have a control blade rear end as per the local Fords ( search BA Falcon or BA XR6, XR8 or GT GTP in google) and a Mitsubishi Magna front end in it. Mate has already driven one and reckons it is great, and the barstard should know as he punts HSV's around the proving ground for a job. As for the Coupe4, he did his quickest lap of the Lang Lang proving ground on his 3 lap.

·
GM master tech
278 Posts
Good Lord Woz that thing is beautiful! :hail:

·
Registered
86 Posts
i second that :hail:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts