Engine: 6.0 V8
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Color: Quicksilver Metallic
Interior: Black leather
Location: Ashburn, VA
Asking: $24,000 OBO
After 16 wonderful years with this amazingly fun car, it is time to pass on custodianship to the next caring person.
While I am the third owner, I have been with the car since almost new. The first owner bought the GTO from the dealer and drove it for around 500 miles before deciding he needed 4 doors and traded it back in for a Cadillac CTS-V. My dad bought it April 2006 with 640 miles on the odometer from the same dealer that sold it when it was new. My dad decided to buy a 2006 GTO automatic (also currently for sale) and sold me this 2005 GTO in March 2007 with 6499 miles on it.
This GTO is in great condition with only 46,200 miles as it has always been a fun weekend car and never a daily driver. It has never been in an accident and has never been smoked in. Everything works including AC and heat. It’s always been garage kept and every winter it was stored in the same garage under a custom California car cover and has never been driven on salty roads. It hasn’t seen rain in the last 12 years and probably only ever seen rain a dozen times in it’s life. The paint is in great condition but does have a few small rock chips as all cars do in the northern Virginia area due to constant new construction in the area. The interior is in great condition and still looks like new with original floor mats and this GTO has never suffered or show any signs of the common rear seat stitching coming apart. The front license plate bracket is mounted to the grill without drilling holes in the bumper or grill.
This GTO has been very well maintained with all maintenance done by myself with attention to detail and years of experience with prior vehicles and not a dealer or random shop who doesn’t care if they strip bolts, break random bits or leave off covers they don’t think are essential. Oil changes were always done with mobile 1 full synthetic and K&N oil filters. Even with low mileage, the transmission fluid has been changed twice, the entire cooling system flushed, the differential fluid changed, and brake fluid flushed multiple times.
This GTO is lightly modified with most modification focused on suspension and brakes. All original parts are included and the car can easily be put back to stock form. The only engine/power modifications are a catback exhaust, cold air intake, and a hand held predator tuner with the 93 octane tune.
No test drives without cash in hand.
Suspension and mounts:
- Pedders XA adjustable coilovers lowering the car slightly. (Easily goes over anything a C5 Corvette can and then some)
- Whiteline front radius rod bushings
- Noltec differential insert, rear radius rod bushings, cross member bushings, swaybar bushings
- Front and Rear cradle alignment.
- HMS Urethane Engine Mounts and new OE transmission mount (intended to do the window weld mod on the transmission mount but never did)
- RoadSafe (Australian) Inner and outer tie rod ends and ball joints (Fixing a defective from factory inner tie rod and making sure all other joints were fresh and good)
- Timken Front Wheel Hubs (Replaced when chasing a ABS error light that turned out to be a loose sensor plug and is fixed)
- Whileline endlinks (never opened or installed)
- DBA 4000 Series Wiper-Slot Brake Rotors (original rotors included and are still good)
- Porterfield RS-4 brake pads ( original brake pads included and still have life left)
- Hawk HPS front brake pads (new in box and never installed)
- GoodRidge G-Stop Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Magnaflow cat back exhaust with the X pipe section swapped out with a custom H pipe. The X pipe section is included and can be easily bolted in.
- Specter Cold Air Intake (Original air box included with drop in K&N air filter and MAF/IAT Breakout harness and IAT sensor included)
- Diablo Sport Predator hand held tuner (93 octane tune used and still installed. Factory tune still stored on the tuner)
- GMM Ripshifter short throw shifter
- Skip Shift (CAGS) Eliminator (disables the factory 1st to 4th skip shift feature)
- Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can
- Door lock button from the 2006 GTO added with OE GM button and bezel
- Ignition lock housing modified to keep it from developing an indent over time and not releasing the key. A new GM one was modified and installed. The original is unmodified and included.
- Bosch ICON wipers (original wipers included with the Factory wiper wing)
- WeatherTech LampGard Headlight Protection Kit (Just removed because they are due for a change. They do a great job of keeping headlight from hazing or getting damaged)
- locking wheel nuts with C5 corvette cap (to closely match the GTO caps)
- BCM wiring guard. These cars have a common problem of the BCM wiring harness rubbing on a metal bracket and causing electrical issues. The guard was installed before any wiring harness damage or electrical problems could occur.
- Extra plastic wiring loom installed in the engine bay and under the car for extra protection at places where it looked like rubbing and damage could occur to wires or lines.
- Classic Tube custom clutch hard line and braided stainless steel line, heat shielding, and remote clutch bleed kit (never installed because the transmission has never been removed and clutch is still good). This helps with clutch feel vs the stock rubber clutch lines which can bulge slightly when hot
- Double din radio bezel (never opened or installed)
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 245/45ZR17 tires on the stock 17” wheels (new as of 6/23/2021)