LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I am almost done the LSA build on my gto. Makes me wonder, WTF was I thinking, LOL. Near the end of build and it's all the little fittings holding it up! LS2 stock bottom end, Boost District LSA with ZL1 lid, Texas Speed LS3 heads and stage 2 cam 235/237 641/649 114 LSA, DW300 fuel pump, FIC injectors, Lingenfelter MAF, upgraded heat exchanger, GFORCE axle shafts and stubs, Hinson 1 piece drive shaft, Hinson Lowered motor mounts, Pedders coil over kit, Pedders springs, Pedders radius arms and bushing kit, Mishimoto silicone hoses, AC Delco tensioners and belts, AC Delco cooler heat range plugs, Taylor wires, MSD coils, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, earl's fittings and hoses throughout, Texas Speed Long tubes, Texas Speed catted mids, Magnaflow 3 inch exhaust, Wilwood slotted and drilled 6 piston front / 4 piston rear brakes, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars, all this and it's the stupid little fittings holding up the whole works. LOL!!! Why do we do it??? Oh yeah. MORE POWER......... MORE NOISE, MORE STOPPING, MORE CORNERING, MORE MORE MORE, HAHA! I'M NEW HERE BUT I WILL POST PICS AND VIDEO WHEN DONE! i'M GLAD I FOUND THIS FORUM, LOT'S OF GREAT INFO. THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE THEIR KNOWLEDGE, AND KEEP US BUILDING!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Definitely post up pictures
Thanks, yeah I'll post some when done. Soon to be done, fingers crossed! Texas Speed guys want me to post some also. Do a youtube video, we'll see! Thanks again for welcome. I look forward to getting and maybe helping in the near future.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That DW300 is probably not going to be enough for your setup. Roshan at Boost district swears by them but it wasn't enough for my setup, which asides from me using a CTS-V lid instead of the ZL1 lid is identical to what you listed. If and when you end up running out of fuel on the dyno, I personally went with Proxses DW400 kit, it may be worth looking into.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Mike
I understand the FIC injectors but is there fuel injection rating in pounds I'm running 60 psi injectors with 80 psi rail pressure I just wanted to understand your setup better
Bill

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That DW300 is probably not going to be enough for your setup. Roshan at Boost district swears by them but it wasn't enough for my setup, which asides from me using a CTS-V lid instead of the ZL1 lid is identical to what you listed. If and when you end up running out of fuel on the dyno, I personally went with Proxses DW400 kit, it may be worth looking into.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mike
I understand the FIC injectors but is there fuel injection rating in pounds I'm running 60 psi injectors with 80 psi rail pressure I just wanted to understand your setup better
Bill
I am running the FIC 650 injectors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you having clearance issues with the ZL-1 lid and your hood or are the lowered motor mounts good enough,or are you running a cowl hood?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you having clearance issues with the ZL-1 lid and your hood or are the lowered motor mounts good enough,or are you running a cowl hood?
Yeah, it still doesn't fit with the lowered mounts. I gotta source a cowl hood!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Theirs so many GTO,s out there with the ZL-1 lid that use the 05-06 hood with no clearance issues ,I know it can be done:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had my lid milled down 1/4" the top of it theirs a web site that does that
Yeah, I was real hesitant about milling it! It's designed like that for a reason, and if I messed with it I could just see having to buy another lid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Theirs so many GTO,s out there with the ZL-1 lid that use the 05-06 hood with no clearance issues ,I know it can be done:cool:
I think they all milled the lid, I just wasn't sure about doing that. Plus I am looking to make sure it's staying cool and getting enough air under hood. So I'm going to go the cowl hood route. I THINK!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was hesitant myself but I'm pretty sure Dedicated Motorsports stand behind their work,check them out at DedicatedMotorsports.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was hesitant myself but I'm pretty sure Dedicated Motorsports stand behind their work,check them out at DedicatedMotorsports.com
Yeah I've checked out their site, Just don't know if I want to spend $900.00 on another lid or a little more on carbon fiber hood.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts