LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone:

Wasn't sure where to post this... I shared this on our @hotwheelsdreamteam IG page the other day and thought I'd share it here, too. Next year we'll be introducing a 1:64 scale diecast Hot Wheels 2006 GTO. I made this one as a fantasy "what if" Pontiac was still involved in their Super Duty program making factory race cars and this GTO could be that answer. It's basically the equivalent of a COPO Camaro, just better. It has an exaggerated ram air hood scoop, Header/ short exhaust, skinny front wheels/ large wide rears, a wheelie bar and parachute on the back, and inside a rollbar and rear seat delete, too. The first color will be based on the Brazen Orange metallic, of course. Hope ya like it!

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,273 Posts
Any plans for a regular one?

Reactions: vanrah and Kfxguy

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I'd prefer a regular one since most of us dont have wheelie bars, parachute or exhaust hanging out the side. Just sayin.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Too bad the convention was cancelled this week, that would have been a hit. I am really missing Taco Tuesday at El Toritos with Larry and Shirley this year. My '06 was Brazen orange and I was so sad the JL casting was the '04 with no scoops. I'm sure you know L. Wood likes GTOs and orange so he is probably as happy as I am about the first color. I bugged him to do one back in '06 when I first got mine, but I guess he preferred his the older ones. HW always seemed to miss my cars until after I sold them or they were stolen , like my Acura Integra, CRX Si ('86 and '88s), black and gold 77 Trans Am, Porsche 924, etc. I could go on, but at least L Wood pushed for my hugger orange '69 Camaro with white stripes a lot while I had that car, in both the regular and collectible line.
How about metallic blue with a blue interior for the second color? That's my current '05 GTO's combo. And if your taking suggestions for the future, how about the CTS-V wagon in metallic purple? (you can modify the Matchbox basic version, so its practically done) I'm pretty sure one of the guys at the design center has or had a CTS-V Wagon, so that should be an easy sell. Do it like a COPO too. And now that you finally did the Syclone, how about a Trailblazer SS before I get rid of that?

LJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Recolors will come, and I'm sure you'll be very happy. As for a plain jane stock version... probably not in the immediate future. Be happy we did this one, as you know late model GTO's don't get enough love as it is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brendon, just wanted to show you what I had done to my '06 brazen. The rear panel was actually hydro dipped in carbon fiber pain and then I had the bottom lip painted brazen again, and after this picture was taken I tinted the rear lights so there was a full width blacked-out rear in homage to the Firebird style rear lights. The Pontiac letters across the boot are from a '66 or '65 GTO, with the insides painted in brazen. I painted the factory 18" wheels with Chrysler PDR, and had them pinstriped to match the car. When I sold it, I returned it to stock. (except the tinted tail-lights)

Attachments

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,273 Posts
Recolors will come, and I'm sure you'll be very happy. As for a plain jane stock version... probably not in the immediate future. Be happy we did this one, as you know late model GTO's don't get enough love as it is.
I'll buy one of every color of these that i find, but a plane Jane stock version will have me buying all of them in the store...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just happen to get the new V1 Gen2, so I have been comparing them lately between Miami and Tampa. The new Gens is much farther in gettig Ka alerts, and has less K band lane monitor false alarms.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That 2021 Hot Wheels '06 GTO just showed up in the stores now near Houston, only 4 months after Tuske427 first showed us those pics. I had a friend send me mine since he knew that I had had one. B, how about blue next, please?

·
200+ MPH Club!!!
2,729 Posts
PM'd

·
Administrator
8,657 Posts
Grabbed one on eBay a few weeks back. Pretty slick.

Reactions: Tuske427
1 - 20 of 31 Posts