LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That 2021 Hot Wheels '06 GTO just showed up in the stores now near Houston, only 4 months after Tuske427 first showed us those pics. I had a friend send me mine since he knew that I had had one. B, how about blue next, please?
As the casting designer we see pre production samples well before they ever hit shelves. Those are also air shipped to us, while production product rides a boat, go through customs, trucked to distribution centers, then eventually onto retail as orders come in. That doesn't take into any consideration potential delays like our current global pandemic, which can easily explain the 4 month variance.

RE: colors. I design the castings themselves, and we only get to request a color/ deco on the initial release, which should be a no brainer as to why it was released in orange (the closest orange we had anyway) I also asked for Super Duty to be added on it to support the ¼ mile theme of the car. Anything past that, including recolors, is solely up to the graphics team. That said, I think you'll like the recolor.

·
GR-RRR!
6,388 Posts
Okay, while I was thinking about it I bought a pair of them on ebay for around $10.50 shipped. What do they cost retail in a store? The extra I may have spent is more than worth it to save me the time and gas spent going out to a store and looking for them.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO SRM 109k
106 Posts
Okay, while I was thinking about it I bought a pair of them on ebay for around $10.50 shipped. What do they cost retail in a store? The extra I may have spent is more than worth it to save me the time and gas spent going out to a store and looking for them.
Lol I paid 94 cents at Walmart and 99 cents at target. People are marking them up

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO SRM 109k
106 Posts
Still worth the $8 to avoid going out into large retail stores and so I can just stay just sitting on my ass in my warm office. :D
Fair enough my friend. My wife semi understands my obsession with GTOs. Then there's my grown ass in the toy aisle bouncing around about a hot wheels car.

·
Registered
234 Posts
As the casting designer we see pre production samples well before they ever hit shelves. Those are also air shipped to us, while production product rides a boat, go through customs, trucked to distribution centers, then eventually onto retail as orders come in. That doesn't take into any consideration potential delays like our current global pandemic, which can easily explain the 4 month variance.

RE: colors. I design the castings themselves, and we only get to request a color/ deco on the initial release, which should be a no brainer as to why it was released in orange (the closest orange we had anyway) I also asked for Super Duty to be added on it to support the ¼ mile theme of the car. Anything past that, including recolors, is solely up to the graphics team. That said, I think you'll like the recolor.
Well thanks for going through the effort in helping make one! I was psyched when you announced this a few months ago. Haven't found one in the stores yet but I'm hoping to snag a couple still.

·
GR-RRR!
6,388 Posts
Fair enough my friend. My wife semi understands my obsession with GTOs. Then there's my grown ass in the toy aisle bouncing around about a hot wheels car.
Back when I was an avid collector of 1:18 scale musclecars and Ertl was pumping out new releases on a regular basis I LOVED to go on the hunt, mostly to Toys R Us looking for the latest ones. And since Ertl's quality control wasn't the greatest you often had to dig around for an exceptional example. It was fun! I now have probably 300 1:18 diecast cars I wish I could unload all at once, I just don't have the energy to try to sell them off one at a time.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts