LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke an axle stub last weekend and after getting the old one out from tapping it out from the other side, I'm having issues getting the oem stub back in. I have a Eaton truetrac insert and I broke my stage 1 gforce stub, had the old stock stubs laying around so I tried putting them in and it doesn't seam to want to go in all of the way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I broke an axle stub last weekend and after getting the old one out from tapping it out from the other side, I'm having issues getting the oem stub back in. I have a Eaton truetrac insert and I broke my stage 1 gforce stub, had the old stock stubs laying around so I tried putting them in and it doesn't seam to want to go in all of the way.
? Would like to know after you figure it out repost it so we all know what to do when it happens to us. That sucks that happened. I still have my stock axle in I will replacing the axle the bushings the drive shaft and the springs and shocks I want to go to the shocks it will be call overs. peace out brother good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,504 Posts
You’re lucky to have gotten the old piece out at all. When i broke my inner stub at the track the splines twisted so hard in the diff the broken end piece permanently lodged itself in. No amount of beating from the opposite side could get it out. I ended up buying a used third member for $200 and swapped it in. You may have boogered up the inner splines on yours from the break or beating it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts