LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2006 GTO.. SRM
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a stock 06 auto with about 400 miles. I bought an extra set of stock mufflers almost brand new, dirt cheap. I want a tad louder exhaust note and don't want to get into resonator deletes/welding or pipes. Want to keep as stock as possible and bolt on. I was thinking of going to my local welder and have him cut a hole through the closest baffle (to the inlet opening) of my "spare" mufflers. Has anyone done this? What did it do? Any noticable backfire noise on decel? This is a quick bolt-on/off and if things don't work out, I can easily replace my stock mufflers. Thanks for the input!!

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
GTO 1 said:
Have a stock 06 auto with about 400 miles. I bought an extra set of stock mufflers almost brand new, dirt cheap. I want a tad louder exhaust note and don't want to get into resonator deletes/welding or pipes. Want to keep as stock as possible and bolt on. I was thinking of going to my local welder and have him cut a hole through the closest baffle (to the inlet opening) of my "spare" mufflers. Has anyone done this? What did it do? Any noticable backfire noise on decel? This is a quick bolt-on/off and if things don't work out, I can easily replace my stock mufflers. Thanks for the input!!

Just buy my flowmaster super 40's, thats an easy bolt on...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Louder but keep it bolt on? I'm not sure if the flowmasters bolt on but if they do, they are probably your only option. Deleting the resonator sounds like something you would be interested in also. It doesn't harm anything and is perfectly safe. Its cheap too!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Flash99 said:
Just buy my flowmaster super 40's, thats an easy bolt on...

Whats the part# on your super 40's? I want to go with flowmaster mufflers and a resonator delete. My problem is I want to buy smething that fits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts