Discussion Starter #1

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
36K pounds?!?!?! what a steal!!!!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Wow, if they brought this over here it would be a real challenge for those GT500 boys. Damn, America never gets the good stuff, lol

·
Sold
2,093 Posts
Dayum!!

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
It says the Vextra will get the supercharger...

The VXR500 is based off the Opel Speedster, or the kappa Solstice/Sky (I forget).... Holden stopped Coupe production awhile ago for exports and the GTO was the last Coupe 'version' which ran months after the others stopped.

·
SoCal
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DevilYellow said:
It says the Vextra will get the supercharger...

The VXR500 is based off the Opel Speedster, or the kappa Solstice/Sky (I forget).... Holden stopped Coupe production awhile ago for exports and the GTO was the last Coupe 'version' which ran months after the others stopped.

NO bro the Manaro is getting the S/C
Limited-edition supercharged Monaro VXR hits magic 500PS mark

·
SoCal
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like to know what kind of S/C is GM going to use

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
GM has probably been reading this forum, and figure that if a Procharger doesn't blow up the LS2, a tame Roots setup would help unload leftover Monaros ... speaking of which, where would they get the Monaros if production has supposedly ceased other than from '06 inventories ?

Does anyone know if '07 Zeta Monaros are being made for .AU ?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Well for one it's not Zeta, and the VXR version of the Monaro is finished by HSV. HSV's new Walkinshaw Performance company technically did the Clubsport-R's for the Bahrain celebrity race. Since Walkinshaw uses parts from Harrop, Textrailia, and King I would assume those are the parts being used.

The Monaro VXR itself is is a limited production car - there will probably only be a handful of these.

EDIT: in the past post I was thinking of the VXR220 - the turbo, midengine, opel-based, roaster (http://www.in.gr/auto/dokimes/pr_dokimes_ae/foto_big/ae_Vauxhall_VX220_Turbo_743_01.jpg)

·
Torque is King!
702 Posts
Just out of curiosity how did Holden clear out parts inventory for the VZ?? Is the VXR500 the last that remains from the parts bins???

·
Registered
10 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Well for one it's not Zeta, and the VXR version of the Monaro is finished by HSV. HSV's new Walkinshaw Performance company technically did the Clubsport-R's for the Bahrain celebrity race. Since Walkinshaw uses parts from Harrop, Textrailia, and King I would assume those are the parts being used.

The Monaro VXR itself is is a limited production car - there will probably only be a handful of these.

EDIT: in the past post I was thinking of the VXR220 - the turbo, midengine, opel-based, roaster (http://www.in.gr/auto/dokimes/pr_dokimes_ae/foto_big/ae_Vauxhall_VX220_Turbo_743_01.jpg)

Hi,

I have just been checking the websites showing info on the VXR500.........so this is my first post here.

The VXR500 was produced by us (Wortec Ltd) in the UK for Vauxhall and their performance Monaro dealer (Greens).

The car uses a Harrop charger with fuel system upgrades and clutch mods with a custom "Wortec" tune.

We have been producing many upgrades for customers but this is our first project for Vauxhall, other than the the 600hp Maloo we produced a year or so ago..............

There will also be a Plus Pack which comes with AP Brakes, Wortec adjustable suspension Rip Shifter and interchangable exhaust system.......

The UK suffers from much higher prices than the USA but at this price the VXR500 is around half the price of a M6 BMW!!!!!!

A big well done to Vauxhall for putting a full 3 year warrantee to a 500HP car......

some pics......

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
When did the guys at Wortec get a Ute?

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
well it just means you will be able to order the roots style blower from the aussies and it should pretty muchly be a direct bolt on for the LS2

1 - 20 of 22 Posts