LS1GTO.com Forums banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
whats that smell? Its rubber
77 Posts
Gas shouldn't cost you $600 bucks.

Say, 1600 mi round trip...avg 16mpg...100 gallons @$3.50 per is $350 bucks.
Thats about right, but 16mpg is a bit low don't you think? A better average would probably be more like 18mpg.

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts
Thats about right, but 16mpg is a bit low don't you think? A better average would probably be more like 18mpg.
Depends on who is driving.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Host Hotel Info

Well, The Saratoga Hotel is full for Friday, 18th. Thursday and Saturday are within 10 rooms of full as well. That went faster than we thought.

Best next step if you dont have a room yet:

Get a room at overflow hotel the Downtowner, 3 blocks south. Get put on the waiting list at the Saratoga. Some people will cancell and you could get the open spot.

Very important: Only registered show cars will be allowed on the show lot. It doesnt matter where you are staying, you will have a dedicated spot if properly registered. We absolutly do not have "overflow parking" anywhere at the host hotel at this time. Please keep that in mind when planning you vehicular needs.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
That's great info about spots for show cars. I planned to stay at a cheaper hotel anyway, so it good to know when I drive to the host hotel I have a place to park.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
I don't know if I will make it or not now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PM ME about my hotel room at the host hotel yet (booked it august of last year), I will let this thread know if I am giving it up if someone needs it.

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
That's great info about spots for show cars. I planned to stay at a cheaper hotel anyway, so it good to know when I drive to the host hotel I have a place to park.
There were a few minor issues with that last year, good to see it fixed this year.

Also it would be nice to not have to comb the parking lot for nails, screws, or other tire penetrating objects. (yes, i know it wasn't the club that set up the shows fault at all) Luckily nobody got any holes in tires, as far as I know.

Hotel construction FTL

·
whats that smell? Its rubber
77 Posts
Ya well we really tried our best. Me and Humbler were out there a few days earlier and it really didn't seem like it would be a problem, but unfortunately like the employees that would not find new places to park it turned out to be a bit of a problem.

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
Ya well we really tried our best. Me and Humbler were out there a few days earlier and it really didn't seem like it would be a problem, but unfortunately like the employees that would not find new places to park it turned out to be a bit of a problem.
Like i said, not your guy's fault. The trailers that they used for storage took up some room.

The hotel changing owners a few weeks before the meet didn't help anything.

It really went well and any problems were minor. It could have been alot worse with the last minute monkey wrenches thrown around.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,407 Posts
I don't know if I will make it or not now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PM ME about my hotel room at the host hotel yet (booked it august of last year), I will let this thread know if I am giving it up if someone needs it.
This is not due to the class you might be in is it???

I hope it's for the birth of your child....

Morty

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
This is not due to the class you might be in is it???

I hope it's for the birth of your child....

Morty
No, just might be too much $$$$ for us this year. With Donna out of work after her accident and bills upon bills upon bills for it, just might not have the fundage to go.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,407 Posts
No, just might be too much $$$$ for us this year. With Donna out of work after her accident and bills upon bills upon bills for it, just might not have the fundage to go.
Sorry to hear that I had hoped to see Donna and you this year...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Updates to the ECGTO website

We put some new stuff on the Nats website. Activated some more links and picked up more sponsors.
We're working on free Micro-Brew on tap :drink:for registered attendees at the Ames welcome buffet on Wednesday and Friday night parking lot party.

·
1,842 Posts
Could you give us some info on the parking lot party/cookout and anything about the banquet/awards ceremony? I am filling out my regisration and would be nice to know what is included in the cost.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Could you give us some info on the parking lot party/cookout and anything about the banquet/awards ceremony? I am filling out my regisration and would be nice to know what is included in the cost.
The banquet is a full sit down buffet with several food options and seconds. There will be a cash bar. The awards will run along with dinner.

The parking lot party on Friday will be choices of typical cookout foods, burgers,dogs, wings, salads and FREE Saratoga MICRO BREW BEER. At least until we run out. Were suppsed to be getting a band, but who knows.
Any extras are going to be last minute, I'm sure.

The fireworks boat will have a cash bar and now a lite dinner since we had to move the sailing time and omit the dinner at Lake George before the boat. We will keep the caravan car drive to the Lake.

At some point the details of each day and event will make it to the site. But that would take all surprise out of it, wouldn't it.

·
1,842 Posts
^^^^^
Thanks

·
1,842 Posts
I am finally registered. I think.

·
Pittsburgh City of Champions
583 Posts