LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts
Tom,

Do you know when confirmation packets will be mailed out? I preregistered last August and have not received anything yet.
We will be mailing them out in March.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
thanks Carl

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I don't see where I would need one either. I am being judged by GTOAA not POCI. The fact this is a joint event should not matter.

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts
I don't see where I would need one either. I am being judged by GTOAA not POCI. The fact this is a joint event should not matter.
GTOAA has adopted the same rule as POCI as far as fire extinguishers go.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,408 Posts
I have a halon fire extinguisher is this ok????

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
Don't think this is a big deal. Modern GTOs have burned to the ground as have fieros due to electrical and fuel issues.
2 years ago. I watched a '69 Camaro catch on fire at a stoplight. I stopped carrying a fire extinguisher when I bought my first GTO in '04. I could have helped that guy out if I had one. Luckily the fire only caused electrical wire and hood damage because the fire dept. got there so quick.
And I've seen 2 Ford Exploders literally burn to the ground in the last year in the same shopping center parking lot.

·
Omertà
5,288 Posts
I have mine. :rules:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
I may actually need one. I overfilled my tank and pushed gas into the EVAP canister, which promptly created a siphon effect dribbling gas from the vent solenoid. Actually, I'll be arriving with two extinguishers, since this is the maiden voyage for my new fuel system. Anybody got a match?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts