LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any SPEED World Challenge fans out there? They''ve announced six of their 10 races for 2009:

3/18-20 Sebring Int’l Raceway
4/17-19 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Los Angeles
6/22-25 Lime Rock Park
8/7-9 Mid-Ohio
8/14-16 Road America
10/9-11 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

·
Belch
943 Posts
Glad to see them back at Laguna. Hopefully, there will be an increase in car counts next year -- along with a television package that does this series justice.

Thanks for the info.

·
King Dingaling
464 Posts
I just wish they would come closer to Texas and it would be nice if SPEED (series sponsor) would actually show the damn races.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
full 2009 SPEED World Challenge schedule announced

March 18-20 Sebring, Fla.

April 17-19 Long Beach, Calif. (GT Only)

May 15-17 Mosport, Ontario (GT/Touring Car x 2)

May 22-25 Lime Rock, Conn.

July 3-5 Watkins Glen

July 24-26 Autobahn, Joliet, Ill.

Aug. 7-9 Mid-Ohio

Aug. 14-16 Road America

Sept. 23-25 Road Atlanta

Oct. 9-11 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

·
♥BackRoadGTO's babe♥
722 Posts
Sweet, I'll be at Sebring and Road Atl.. Wish I could go to more :(

·
36 35 15.5 121 45 9.9
3,723 Posts
Just got my tickets today very happy to see them come back

·
♥BackRoadGTO's babe♥
722 Posts
Some pics from the race at Sebring

My boyfriend finds the K PAX car hilarious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SPEEDFEST Corral at Mosport - see Scarallo and the GTO in action

The SPEED World Challenge is racing at Mosport as part of the May 15-17 Victoria Day SpeedFest Weekend. Mosport is organizing the SpeedFest corral at the event. GTO enthusiasts have been invited out to participate in the event and check out Scarallo and Team race in the GT class.

Mosport has set up a special SPEEDFest ticket which includes:
•Three-day admission to the Victoria Day SpeedFest
•Access to a private tented area and parking for all three days
•Groups and Clubs of 50 or more will have their own exclusive tented & fenced -in area
•Tech talks; driver appearances and prizes exclusive to SpeedFest Corral ticket holders
• The parade lap will be held over the lunch hour on race day Sunday (12:20 pm). There will be a mandatory Parade Lap participants meeting at 11 am & Mosport begin staging at 11:45 am. Bring your GTO out for the parade!
•Sunday BBQ Lunch

click here for more details:

http://www.mosport.com/tickets.htm

·
1988 Pontiac Mera
52 Posts
Hey Havelanche.........

"... My boyfriend finds the K PAX car hilarious...."

Actually there are 2 of them, one driven by Randy Pobst (lives near Atlanta - Gainesville) and the other by Andy Pilgrim. Last week Andy finished 1st and Randy 2nd. Impressive, as Randy had to serve a penalty for moving before the start, so he came from the back of the pack.

I don't know why K-PAX switched to Volvos, maybe they were bored by winning the past 2 championships in Porches.

And why Speed shows these races ONE time - weeks later - is sick. Other stuff is re-run like mad, go figure.

I'll be at the October Laguna race, can't wait..............

LOLli

·
♥BackRoadGTO's babe♥
722 Posts
I agree, Speed's coverage of their own sponsored event is rather lackluster. Thanks for the info and enjoy Laguna!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will be at road atlanta myself allong with a ricer friend im trying to convert lol. IDK he sees that fernandez acura running saturday and I think ill loose him for good. Any hoo what day is the class of cars like the GTO running and will the goat be there? I want to go and will definately be there saturday for big show but cant find events schedule to tell what day is other races except the historic race. This will determine if I buy 1, 2 or 3 day pass. Cant wait till then allways a great show to see, makes nascar look like the joke it is IMHO.
Peace and Beer

·
36 35 15.5 121 45 9.9
3,723 Posts
I will be at the same camp site as last year (between turns 10 & 11) and welcome you guys to come and enjoy some BBQ on Saturday for the ALMS. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested and for more info. Hope to see some of you at the race.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts