LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GR-RRR 8'R Wichita GTO Club is in the process of developing the program for the Natls to be held 7/01/2010 thru 7/04/2010.
We are wanting to include Tech Sessions and activities, that the '04-'06 GTO's would feel to be of value in order to make a more "rounded" Convention. Therefore, the request for help in what you guys would have the most interest, in the form of Tech Sessions, Round Table discussions, etc.
We already have scheduled an Auto Cross, the Drag Race venue and have Pedders/Pete Basica slated for a Tech Session. We just want more, so please give us input on what you want to see included.
Thanks in advance and don't be hesitant to contact me via this forum or in a PM....we really want the help! Cap

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts
There was a guy from Harrop Engineering that gave a great seminar in 2007(I think). They are very big in Australia and make some quality parts. IIf you could track him or a USA rep downthat would be cool.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,407 Posts
There was a guy from Harrop Engineering that gave a great seminar in 2007(I think). They are very big in Australia and make some quality parts. IIf you could track him or a USA rep downthat would be cool.
This guy was Micheal Hewitt of Harrop Engineering

·
1,842 Posts

·
Omertà
5,284 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morty, How do I start a thread ---2010 GTOAA Natls---? Cap

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
Cap,
Just curious if you have discussed anything further with the other people putting this on about my Friday night deal ?

·
1,842 Posts
You have to ask an administrator to put a new category on the main page. They could also just replace the 2009 heading. Cap, all the Nationals I have been to run for 5 days(tues through sat). Why only 4 days?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cquist- Thanks for the info---I have requested for a new thread to be established.
We settled on 4 days vs 5 days, thinking we would get better attendance in these economic times. Also by including Sunday the 4th, Attendees would have the opportunity to conclude the Natls with a fantastic 4th of July Fireworks display put on by the city, right outside the host hotel. Also, the 5th (Monday) is part of a long weekend, which would serve as the "drive home day". I was also kind of bummed because I never get enough of a Natls, but that was the decision we made as a unit. Thanks. Cap

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cap,
Just curious if you have discussed anything further with the other people putting this on about my Friday night deal ?
Yes, I have and I need to call you....PM with your # or call me @ 620-564-2639. Cap

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cruises! Either to local shows / cruise ins / restaurants or just to go cruise some scenic roads.
HUMBLER,
The current thinking at this point is to incorporate a cruise from the Century II convention center to the Kansas Intl Dragway for the Parking Lot Party and Drag Race taking place on Saturday late afternoon/evening. But as slowgoat tells me, large groups of cars in an organized cruise presented a problem with the city on one of their past events. We will check that out however.
I will bring up other possible cruises in our planning session next time we meet. Cap

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,407 Posts
Cap it looks like the guy that has the red car....ummmmm Carl has answered the question you asked and ..ummmm he answeredit correctly...hehehehehe

HUMBLER:
About the Cruises! Either to local shows / cruise ins / restaurants or just to go cruise some scenic roads. I think we will just have to have smaller groups something in the line of 20 or so cars..that will work...

BRAZEN06GTO:
Is that 2006 Brazen Orange Metallic 1 of 485 burning up in the picture???

Carl:
Don't forget your car cover....and this year use it...hehehehe

·
Omertà
5,284 Posts
BRAZEN06GTO:
Is that 2006 Brazen Orange Metallic 1 of 485 burning up in the picture???
Ed Zachary Morty...they're down to 1 of 484 now.:eyetwitch:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts