LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both about 20k miles.

Both about $60k.

Is a C6 ZR1 a better deal than the C7 Z06?

Interior is night and day between the two. But I have seen the ZR1 to be faster than the Z06.

Both can be had with warranty (lol).

·
450+rwhp club :D
2,841 Posts
ZR1, no question.

https://www.facebook.com/KongPerform/

1013RWHP BLOWER ONLY ZR1.
KONG1000 package hit the dyno today and did not disappoint. Our customer James came to us and said he wanted a max effort ZR1 utilizing the factory blower without nitrous. We came up with a package that would not only meet, but exceed his expectations. It is exciting to see this build come together with our new Kong Snout and Kong 5” intake making some awesome numbers!

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,826 Posts
For me, it'd be the C7. It's a much better all-around car; the performance difference is a) negligible and b) easily overcome.

...And that's coming from the owner of a supercharged C6.

·
Send Nudes
4,565 Posts
C7 any day, it's just a better/nicer car than a C6. If you're simply after which will make more power, that would be the ZR1.

·
Send Nudes
4,565 Posts
...More power stock, anyway.
I believe that the C6 ZR1 not only makes more power stock, but its LS9 forged internals also hold up to a lot more power than the internals of the LT4.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,826 Posts
I believe that the C6 ZR1 not only makes more power stock, but its LS9 forged internals also hold up to a lot more power than the internals of the LT4.
Kind of becomes a crap shoot there. The quality of the tune will make or break any setup.

...And in point of fact, the LS9 does not make more power stock than the LT4.

·
2,841 Posts
Zr1 is lighter, faster, forged, and looks way better. The only thing the C7Z has on it is the interior. But for a weekend racecar, do you really need all the fancy gadgets? If no, the main selling point is the seats, and if you don't get comp seats, then it is negligible.

·
TACHNUP
2,304 Posts
Zr1 is lighter, faster, forged, and looks way better. The only thing the C7Z has on it is the interior. But for a weekend racecar, do you really need all the fancy gadgets? If no, the main selling point is the seats, and if you don't get comp seats, then it is negligible.
Looks is completely subjective and dependent upon the individual.

The C7 Z06 is the superior car from a performance perspective when evaluated objectively. It is faster than the C6 ZR1 on the types of tracks a Zxx Corvette is intended to race, which is not a drag strip.

·
2,841 Posts
Looks is completely subjective and dependent upon the individual.

The C7 Z06 is the superior car from a performance perspective when evaluated objectively. It is faster than the C6 ZR1 on the types of tracks a Zxx Corvette is intended to race, which is not a drag strip.
Until it overheats...

·
Must go faster...
1,569 Posts
I went through this same dilemma several years back. After having driven and tuned more corvettes than I can count I finally had my aha moment after the C7s came out, GM finally did what I was waiting for and built a "complete package". I was torn between the C6 ZR1 and the C7 Z06 because I really do believe the LS9 is the best motor that GM ever built, better than the LT4 when you really start to push things but I wanted the complete package. Hell we've made 1000 rwhp on a stock bottom end LT4 before anyways BUT it was hell compared to the LS9. Also has been said, the C7 Z06 is faster around a track and the overheating problem is blown way out of proportion. Besides, it's not like the C6 ZR1 hasn't had it's share of overheating at higher ambient temps at the track either. As for straight line performance the C7 Z06 with the aggressive aero package is going to be slower at higher speeds than the C6 ZR1, but that's the only place it's slower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts