LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This event will kick off on July 6th with a brief drivers meeting, followed by a few laps around Summit Point Motorsports Park.

The 5 day rally will start the following morning in Martinsburg, West Virginia and conclude in Pueblo - Colorado on July 11th, with a few laps around Pueblo Motorsports Park. Over night stops along the way will be Athens - Ohio, Bedford - Indiana, Jefferson City - Missouri and Dodge City - Kansas.

A clue/route card is issued at the starting line each morning and there's a hotel party each night. Additional info can be found via RNA's web site, along with registration info at the bottom of the page in the link below.

Rally RT50 link;
http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/node/13

If you've ever wanted to compete in a rally event or just drive on a multi-day trip with like minded gear heads for a good cause, with a party every night... this might be for you.

Videos of previous RNA rally's;
http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/node/9

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a couple questions...
1. Do all of you join one team or do you each have your own team? Specifically pertaining to setting up your fundraiser page.
2. Any suggestions for a first timer?
Thanks

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a couple questions...
1. Do all of you join one team or do you each have your own team? Specifically pertaining to setting up your fundraiser page.
2. Any suggestions for a first timer?
Thanks
1) Set up your own fund raising team page... in the past it was less confusing, but the way its set up this year, 100% of the donations go directly to ACP.

2) A ton... many answers are on the RNA forum threads but in brief and in no order of importance nor should the below be considered mandatory to have a great time.

A) Electronics = GPS, smart phone(s) and/or lap top(s) to run google searches. A CB radio works great when your working with other teams to decipher check point location clues.... radar detector might also come in handy, but I've seen other teams use radar guns to set them off for lolz.
B) A good navigator that can multitask the above equipment helps but isn't mandatory to have a good time.
C) With a GTO, consider removing the back seat to increase storage space because a full size spare is really nice to have. I bring a couple of coolers, one contains booze, the other mixers..... at the end of each day I'm pretty thirsty. A shit ton of tools and a few select spares round out whats in my trunk.
D) A good camera for still shots that can show time/date to document you have hit the un-attended check points (this one is a must and theres an ap for that) and a gopro, etc for when your haulin ass.
E) Lastly, a road atlas and maybe some detailed maps of each state along the route for the if and when electronics fail to work. Example; During Rally Dixie out in the middle of gods country.... shortly after the power lines terminated so did the GPS, both long before our cell phones lost signal... which provided for a 50 mile stretch of Deliverance jokes.

I hope you take one of the remaining 26 slots and see ya at Summit Point in July.

·
Registered
181 Posts
1) Set up your own fund raising team page... in the past it was less confusing, but the way its set up this year, 100% of the donations go directly to ACP.

2) A ton... many answers are on the RNA forum threads but in brief and in no order of importance nor should the below be considered mandatory to have a great time.

A) Electronics = GPS, smart phone(s) and/or lap top(s) to run google searches. A CB radio works great when your working with other teams to decipher check point location clues.... radar detector might also come in handy, but I've seen other teams use radar guns to set them off for lolz.
B) A good navigator that can multitask the above equipment helps but isn't mandatory to have a good time.
C) With a GTO, consider removing the back seat to increase storage space because a full size spare is really nice to have. I bring a couple of coolers, one contains booze, the other mixers..... at the end of each day I'm pretty thirsty. A shit ton of tools and a few select spares round out whats in my trunk.
D) A good camera for still shots that can show time/date to document you have hit the un-attended check points (this one is a must and theres an ap for that) and a gopro, etc for when your haulin ass.
E) Lastly, a road atlas and maybe some detailed maps of each state along the route for the if and when electronics fail to work. Example; During Rally Dixie out in the middle of gods country.... shortly after the power lines terminated so did the GPS, both long before our cell phones lost signal... which provided for a 50 mile stretch of Deliverance jokes.

I hope you take one of the remaining 26 slots and see ya at Summit Point in July.
Thanks! This is very helpful.

Anyone else with some GTO specific things for me to keep in mind for this rally would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Also, I noticed that "CCGTO" all got together on one donation page. Are any of them on this forum?

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, I noticed that "CCGTO" all got together on one donation page. Are any of them on this forum?
I can only see Team CCGTO Silver's donation page.... everyone else has a donation page under their specific team name (ie Angry Goat, Blue Car, Red Beard, LB Racing, Mountaineer, etc) and for some unknown reason a duplicate page under their actual name.

After looking at the list, all GTO participants in the rally are members of this forum, some are CCGTO and some are not.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Another item you may want to consider for the rally is roadside assistence such as AAA. Since this a five day rally its nice to have in case you need a tow. ( CCGTO Team Stingray )

·
Registered
181 Posts
Another item you may want to consider for the rally is roadside assistence such as AAA. Since this a five day rally its nice to have in case you need a tow. ( CCGTO Team Stingray )
I own a GTO...of course I have AAA. :)
Thanks, that's a good point.

Any of you ask for custom sticker packs? I read on their forum that one guy was requesting a "28 inch hood decal" but I didn't know what he meant.

·
Registered
181 Posts
BTW, I signed up last night, but it has not shown up on the page yet.
Keep an eye out for Team Cheap Horsepower.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I own a GTO...of course I have AAA. :)
Thanks, that's a good point.

Any of you ask for custom sticker packs? I read on their forum that one guy was requesting a "28 inch hood decal" but I didn't know what he meant.
The hood decal is usually pretty big, so he may have a small car.

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
3,372 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Let me guess. Your making 412 hp ??
Wow, I'm not that cheesy! 412 Hp is not worth mentioning...a couple muffler bearings and a tornado intake with some split fire plugs will get you that. :)
My team name is Team Cheap Horsepower...that was what I was referring too.
412 is the area code for Pittsburgh, Pa where the wifey and I grew up. Well I guess that is pretty terrible also. :)

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, I'm not that cheesy! 412 Hp is not worth mentioning...a couple muffler bearings and a tornado intake with some split fire plugs will get you that. :)
LMFAO...

Thanks!
How cheesy is my team name? :)
Not as cheesy as if it were Team Queso....

412 is the area code for Pittsburgh, Pa where the wifey and I grew up. Well I guess that is pretty terrible also. :)
Each unto their own... 725 on my car is my son's birthday and the team running the number 331 is from their anniversary... which my wife and I share for the same reason, but I prefer to reference it as, "the day before April Fools".

·
Registered
181 Posts
Each unto their own... 725 on my car is my son's birthday and the team running the number 331 is from their anniversary... which my wife and I share for the same reason, but I prefer to reference it as, "the day before April Fools".
That's funny...our anniversary is 3-31 also.

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's funny...our anniversary is 3-31 also.
Interesting... our 30th is this year.

I love it!
So excited to possibly break down. :)
Twisted...

My intro thread to the event.
But I understand the logic in... lol

No problem...I like mustangs...my 16 year old niece has a red one. :)
Just kidding.
My new goal is to recruit as many GTO owners to this event as possible...mainly for spare parts :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts