LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nobody else is joining this? We bought these cars because they r a blast 2 drive! So let's drive them!!! :)

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Nobody else is joining this? We bought these cars because they r a blast 2 drive! So let's drive them!!! :)
I have found that most owners are the younger generation and thats okay, but taking 8-10 days off from work plus travel expenses seems to be more than they want or can handle. In our area,we have a good turnout when we do day trips.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Whatchu talkin bout Willis, its been a few years since anyone even bothered to set something up in MD..... most of the original CCGTO herd moved on from goat ownership.

Carlisle trip still a biggie

·
Has no region anymore.
1,731 Posts
Nemmer is thinking of hitting up Carlisle this year. I probably won't unless I can get off work.

·
Almost Stock
461 Posts
Nemmer is thinking of hitting up Carlisle this year. I probably won't unless I can get off work.
Cool, this year the GTO is the featured ride for the 50th Anniversary... swing by the big top tent.
If Nemmer is bringing his goat he could register with CCGTO and hang out with the rest of the RNA Goats.

·
Rally Appachia 19 July 2011
910 Posts
This thread is full of win!

Come on guys, we are a little light on GTO's this year.. kinda makes me sad...

--Scott

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I think I have the woman talked into letting me take the goat this year. (there was consideration to rent or purchase a new DD and do it). I have been taking care of a few "issues" and since it has been parked most of the winter, the miles are not racking up like they were for quite a while. If I can get this clutch issue figured out....... yes....... again. Then I actually think she will be good to go. 4 rallies in the same car isn't too bad.

I think the organizers do a great job in keeping the cost down. Trust me, I'm scrapping the bottom of the wallet come rally time. I may hate my job, but at least they haven't given me issues in getting the time off. It has been rough balancing the regular job, the extra prez duties at the fire station and getting things ready for this. The only depressing thing I have encountered is a bit of lack of interest in donation department. I have one idea I'm putting in, our fire station has a yearly yard sale event. We tend to get A LOT of foot traffic there. It looks like me and the woman has decided to put all money made from that to the charity through our team. We have plenty of stuff to sell.

·
Owns a slow GTO
6,708 Posts
One half of Team Blue Steel checking in, lol. Project LSX Sonoma is moving along slowly but surely. Can't wait until July!

At least we'll be comfortable on the rally!

·
Has no region anymore.
1,731 Posts
Dave and I have decided to leave our GTOs at home this time...mostly because we will have Hunter along with us as a third driver. Space became a major issue as did reliability of my goat and wear and tear on Dave's.

So, we will be rolling in the Caddy CTS4. Much more comfort for 3, luggage space and reliability all rolled into one. You may see some wistful looks on my face at the race tracks, but what can you do?

Hotels are booked and I've got our overall route, including the homeward leg, are up on roadtrippers.com.

I am really looking forward to this one! I haven't been to CO since I moved away in 2009.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dave and I have decided to leave our GTOs at home this time...mostly because we will have Hunter along with us as a third driver. Space became a major issue as did reliability of my goat and wear and tear on Dave's.

So, we will be rolling in the Caddy CTS4. Much more comfort for 3, luggage space and reliability all rolled into one. You may see some wistful looks on my face at the race tracks, but what can you do?

Hotels are booked and I've got our overall route, including the homeward leg, are up on roadtrippers.com.

I am really looking forward to this one! I haven't been to CO since I moved away in 2009.
A sad day for fellow GTO's, in the form of you choosing comfort over enjoying one of the best cars ever imported to the US. Hahaha!
Just kidding. Don't forget to say hi to "team Cheap Horsepower" at the event...cheers!

·
Certified Noob
48 Posts
See you in Pueblo...

...maybe. Seems like it'd be fun to see folks that made it to the end in Pueblo since it's just down I25... I used up way too much vacation earlier this year or I'd try a rally. Seems like both fun and a way away from the hassles of life for a while. Unreliable you guys claim? I should add the goat to my AAA towing? I had no idea (just picked it up Monday)...

Stephen

21 - 40 of 54 Posts