LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opening day in two days.

Before last year the last time the Cubs won the World Series it was a repeat.

·
Administrator
9,414 Posts
I can't wait... I was watching some youtube compilation vids last night of the best plays and best ejections from 2016 and was getting all excited to watch Bautista get punched in the mug again by Odor.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Looking forward to a fun season.
Also, moving to within a few miles of these guys. Live ball, cheap tickets. What's not to like?

·
Administrator
18,912 Posts
Midwest League Baseball is a helluva lot of fun. It makes Dayton suck a little less fo sho.

·
Omertà
5,298 Posts
2017 Florence Freedom > 2017 Cincinnati Reds.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Band
588 Posts
I felt so bad for the guy watching that happen. I was like screw it, let's just call the game and everyone go home.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raising the banner today.

:thumbs:

·
Administrator
9,414 Posts
Asshole fans at Fenway yelled racial shit at Adam Jones last night. No need for that kinda crap especially for a solid player like Adam. Fans tonight gave Jones a standing O.

Also Sale threw about 2 feet behind Machado just now...lol. A teensy bit of tempers flaring here because of that slide into Pedroia a week ago and Mookie getting drilled last night.

·
Administrator
9,414 Posts
Rare triple play tonight at Fenway...very neat.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Dem Astros, tho...

·
Band
588 Posts
I can't believe the cardinals are back to .500 already. We had such a horrible start.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't believe the Cubs rotation has the 5th worst ERA, and that they still are in first. The NL Central is a dumpster.

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cubs/Yanks game went 18 innings last night and set the record for strikeouts (48) in a game and longest inter-league game.

·
Duck and Cover
473 Posts
I wasn't a fan of replay for baseball at first, but it hasn't become the albatross that replay has become to college football. I actually think they got it almost right out of the gate. A few tweaks and it's better. I think we've found out that umpires are worse than we thought. I know it's hard to make a call on close tag plays, but they screw up a lot of easy ones too. Balls and strikes are always going to good and bad with a human behind the plate, but I wouldn't want to change that.

Worst thing about replay: It's all but totally eliminated on field arguments that brought the manager out screaming holy hell and getting thrown out. What would Billy Martin do today?

·
Goat sold
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok Cubs, time to drink some gatorade and get rid of this WS hangover.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Looks like the Astros found someone that can chill them out.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Hoping they wake up those bats.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts