LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well start this, now... since the Qualifiers are coming to a close, soon.

USA is up 2 - 0 on Panama. Desperately need this win just to keep their hopes to qualify alive.

Go, go USA!!!

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4 - 0 Final.

Back in contention!!!

·
Porch Dick
20,296 Posts
That was a big win and the boost to the goal differential shouldn't be understated.

Still, I can't believe that we're even having to sit here on pins and needles to see if they even qualify for the World Cup. I wonder what the longer term effects of the Jurgen experiment will be for the USMNT?

Get it done Tuesday, boys.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I honestly didn't want Bruce. He's just a little above average.

And now, it's showing. I honestly think the players just reacted to Alexi's comments. Which I don't mind.

Even if they make it, they could possibly get rolled in the Group Stage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys desperately need a win against Trinidad tomorrow. Surely must be set in stone? Can't see you losing that.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'd be surprised. Hoping they didn't blow their wad in the Panama game.

·
Porch Dick
20,296 Posts
"Desperately" is probably too strong of a word, but they do control their own destiny. A win is certainly the easiest guarantee.

A draw is a near certainty to get them in, too. They have a 7 goal differential advantage over Panama and 12 over Honduras.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
USA down 2-0 at halftime...

Pulisic just got a goal, though.

2-1 in the 48th minute. T&T won't go away in this one.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, yeah...

Look up the fans' reaction to Bosnia and Herzegovina not qualifying. Hooooooly shiiiiiiiiiit!!!

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm about to lose my shit...

They can't break through the T&T Defense!!!

·
Porch Dick
20,296 Posts
Pathetic.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't believe this shit...

Bruce Arenas is goddamn terrible! Needs to be handed his papers.. Let his ass walk back from the stadium. Not even kidding.

This World Cup is going to feel so empty... :cry:

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My fuggin' soul hurts.

·
Porch Dick
20,296 Posts
That's a fucking kick right to the dick for soccer in the US. That shot in the arm every 4 years is HUGE to the popularity of the sport. Goddamn pathetic. Not just Bruce, but every one of those shitheads should have to walk home.

How do you not even draw T&T with the World Cup on the line?

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because they played with goddamn heart, while our old ass geezers were trying to catch their breath.

GODDAMMIT, I'm so pissed...

·
Porch Dick
20,296 Posts
It's pretty deflating.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,363 Posts
That sucks. I'm only a passive soccer fan, but I do enjoy rooting for the US in the World Cup.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:facepalm:

·
Porch Dick
20,296 Posts
I'll be rooting with my other passport here soon. Denmark is in the playoff for one of the runners-up spots for the Europeans. They finished 2nd in their group and, I think, have the 3rd spot in the playoff.

Feel free to join me in cheering on the Danish Dynamite :D.

That sucks. I'm only a passive soccer fan, but I do enjoy rooting for the US in the World Cup.
That's the real kicker. A lot of people treat it like that (which is fine!). It is similar to how I treat a lot of Olympic sports in that I get pretty in to them and pull for the USA, then have no problem waiting 4 years to watch them again.

Getting those passive fans engaged during the World Cup gives the sport a chance to gain some new fans by having a few passives become actives.

This is an utter embarrassment.

:facepalm:

18 goals if you include Omar Gonzalez's. :mrrg:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts