LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've reading reading many many threads on what fits, what doesn't, mods and no mods. My head hurts. It seems like 275s are the favorites on width but it really seems like it gets messy. Some people get lucky and most don't as far as fender and rubbing.

I've got coilovers and plan to keep around stock height. Some mild bolt ons more planned in the future. If possible I would like to fit 265s on. At the very least 255s. But rolling or messing with the fender is off limits. I really want more tire and to just be able to throw them on. I really don't want more downtime for more issues, I've had enough of them with my car over the years.

I've got stock 18s and plan on buying new rims with the new tires. What would be an easy fitment with increased width for more traction? I'm ok with 17s or 18s with hopefully 265s. Planning on Michelin super sports again. They worked well enough, but at 235s they struggle. Sorry for the shameless question, there doesn't seem to be any real easy answer on a good fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got BC coilovers. Ended up somewhere close to stock height. I was looking at VOXX nova, orso, lumi style of rim. But they're all just not quite right.

So, looking for 8.5 front with a 245. Rear with 265 and 9" rim.

So with a 17" what would be a good offset?
With an 18" offset?

·
Doing the Mid-life thang!!!
488 Posts
I've reading reading many many threads on what fits, what doesn't, mods and no mods. My head hurts. It seems like 275s are the favorites on width but it really seems like it gets messy. Some people get lucky and most don't as far as fender and rubbing.

I've got coilovers and plan to keep around stock height. Some mild bolt ons more planned in the future. If possible I would like to fit 265s on. At the very least 255s. But rolling or messing with the fender is off limits. I really want more tire and to just be able to throw them on. I really don't want more downtime for more issues, I've had enough of them with my car over the years.

I've got stock 18s and plan on buying new rims with the new tires. What would be an easy fitment with increased width for more traction? I'm ok with 17s or 18s with hopefully 265s. Planning on Michelin super sports again. They worked well enough, but at 235s they struggle. Sorry for the shameless question, there doesn't seem to be any real easy answer on a good fit.
I have 19x8.5 fr 35 mm offset, rears are 19x9.5 45mm offset. I have ran a 265 a 275 and now a 285 lowered on BC coilovers. If you want to not rub the best option is offset of 50ish like others have said. I have cut and grinded down my rear lips and have more to do. The front I have ran a 235 and now a 245. If you are adamant to not cut or roll and never rub on a “lowered” GTO. 265 just maybe. Also get at least 18’s IMO. Good luck.

·
Is that FWD?
1,325 Posts
I have 275/30/19 in rear with no rubbing and fenders r not rolled on 19x9.5 with 52mm offset with 350mm lovells springs and koni shocks

·
Doing the Mid-life thang!!!
488 Posts
I have 275/30/19 in rear with no rubbing and fenders r not rolled on 19x9.5 with 52mm offset with 350mm lovells springs and koni shocks
I need a better offset like that so bad. Add that to the list of the other million things I need to do. Sheesh

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Following this thread. I feel certain I'm going to have a moment of temporary insanity and splurge on a Procharger or similar, and there goes my traction. If 265s with no rolling of fenders, on an OE 18" wheel is likely to fit, this may be just the ticket.

·
Worthless reject member
53,848 Posts
why aren't people wanting taller tires?

this is the thing with your contact patch, it won't get bigger with wider tires. it will just get wider. which is great for lateral forces, since a wider patch will resist shearing in the lateral direction.

taller tires, you get a narrower but longer contact patch. so, it will resist longitudinal forces, i.e. those from straight line acceleration. which is good in preventing tire spin and making sure that power gets down.

get a 10" treadwidth 28" or 30" tall tire, and a rear gear that keeps your shifts at about the factory speeds. i wanna see what happens then.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Following this thread. I feel certain I'm going to have a moment of temporary insanity and splurge on a Procharger or similar, and there goes my traction. If 265s with no rolling of fenders, on an OE 18" wheel is likely to fit, this may be just the ticket.
Gonna need a quality tire if you're gonna use a small sidewall tire and expect it to hold with fi numbers.

why aren't people wanting taller tires?

this is the thing with your contact patch, it won't get bigger with wider tires. it will just get wider. which is great for lateral forces, since a wider patch will resist shearing in the lateral direction.

taller tires, you get a narrower but longer contact patch. so, it will resist longitudinal forces, i.e. those from straight line acceleration. which is good in preventing tire spin and making sure that power gets down.

get a 10" treadwidth 28" or 30" tall tire, and a rear gear that keeps your shifts at about the factory speeds. i wanna see what happens then.
This is always my train of thought. Prefer to daily some 275/50 shittos and swap to the 275/60 radial pro's when I'd like to spin less. Also cheaper than getting gears, so no over drive on the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok well, one last reaching out for advice or opinions.

I'm almost ready to press the big red button.

Currently looking at VMR 710 wheels and pilot sport 4S tires.
Front
18x8.5 +35mm
235/40/18

Rear
18x9.5 +50mm
265/35/18

Any kind of a yay or nay or other considerations would he appreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts