LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The battle of wits has begun.
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My father loved to saltwater fish and unfortunately he lost his boat to hurricane Sandy while he had it stored at Mike's Marina in Tuckerton NJ. A couple years later he had knee surgery which exacerbated a condition none of us knew he had: Lewy body dementia. In the following 2 years his health & motor skills rapidly declined as his dementia worsened. He passed away this year in March and left me a bunch of rods and reels. Unfortunately I don't have the desire to fish as he did, but I do have a desire to put my GTO back together.

Cash talks, first come first serve. I have each individually priced, but I wouldn't mind selling groups of them at a discount.

SOLD Penn battle ht-100 : shimano trevala jigging tvs-66mh
SOLD Penn love linner CLL 5000 : penn SLS 2711 L 7'
SOLD Penn Captiva cv 6000 : penn SLS 2716 M 6'.6"
$70 Penn 940 : ugly stick
$30 Penn PC 3811 M 7'
$95 Penn 9 Level Wind : jarvis walker royale gold customs rgbc-701xh
SOLD Penn 704 Z : penn ps 4811 ML 7'
$20 Sea lion SL61530C
$135 Pisces 200 : ugly stick tiger BWC 2200 7'
SOLD Penn long beach 3360L 6'
$50 Penn 209LH Level Wind : sturdy stick BWB 125 5'6"
$50 Penn 712 Z : ugly stick SY 1100 6'6"
$60 Ambassadeur 6600 C3 LD : ugly stick BWC 1120 5'6"
SOLD Penn 706 Z : power stick PSS71017 7'
$50 Quantum Response Ti 4000 : unknown rod
$85 Penn 712 Z : Ugly Stick SP 1101 7'
$70 Penn 710 Z : Ugly Stick Tiger BWS 2200 6'6"
$55 Caiman CT200 : Shimano SJC-M70MH 7'
$80 Caiman CT201 : jarvis walker RGC-701MH 7'
SOLD : Penn MAG 525 : tsunami sapphire xt sabcxt 601mh
$90 SHIMANO TLD STAR : Sea Lion SL561225C 5'6"
SOLD Caiman Striper LE201 : Shimano TVC-70ML 7'
$110 Caiman Striper LE201 Scuffed : striper WISA66H1 6'6"
SOLD Caiman Striper LE201 : Shimano TVC-70ML 7'
$85 Penn 321 LH GT2 : Sturdy Stick BWS 125 6'
$110 Penn 704Z : Granger Ocean 2 GO II 203 6'6"
$80 Penn 710Z : BWS 2200 6'6"
$80 Penn 710Z : BWS 2200 6'6"

All rods and reels (not including the fishing line & accessories) are valued at $1,390.00 If you want to buy all, I'll take 30% off: $970.00 for all rods and reels. And I'll include the tackle and accessories as well if you purchase all.

17 reels and 19 rods. All will come as is (with the fishing line, whatever hooks / lures / sinkers that are on them). All have been well maintained by my father and all should work flawlessly.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey man sorry for your father's lose. My parents have a boat at GEB marina in tuckerton. They lucked out with only minor damage to there boat during Sandy. I can ask them if they might be interested in some or all. Is there any way to see them in person? Where is Mike's marina at? Is that the one on seven Bridges road??

Brett

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey man sorry for your father's lose. My parents have a boat at GEB marina in tuckerton. They lucked out with only minor damage to there boat during Sandy. I can ask them if they might be interested in some or all. Is there any way to see them in person? Where is Mike's marina at? Is that the one on seven Bridges road??

Brett
Hey, yes it is, it was past Randy's marina, I believe it was the last marina on Seven Bridges Rd. Glad their boat survived!

I have no issue showing them in person, they are located in Mount Laurel NJ. If you PM me a date you are available, I'll send you the address. And I have no issue selling them individually vs as a whole.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey i talked to my rents and my one buddy that also has a boat in Jersey. They said they would like to come look at them in person. You let me know what weekend would be good for you. Ill make sure i come down that weekend. Do you live close to tuckerton?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Where in pa do you live? I'm not available this weekend, but how bout next?

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The 8th works for me because I'll be working on the GTO this sunday. (My GTO and the fishing rods are in the same location).

We can do a later date as well.

I had some coworkers show some interest but then backed out after their significant others got involved...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey don't worry bout. If you got someone else interested in them so be it. Just keep me in the loop if you do sell them.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,121 Posts
Just curious, what would you want for these two:

Caiman Striper LE201 : Shimano TVC-70ML 7'
Caiman Striper LE201 : Shimano TVC-70ML 7'

I'm not far from Mt Laurel

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Infamous quote of Steve Hofstetter,"Where was I? Oh yeah! I hate people..."

Dealt with another waste of time. Guy asks for price of 1 of the rod/reels. Says he wants to do the deal. Ignores the posting I provided of all the rods and reels and asks what else I have.

I narrow down the 3 rods/reels he wants and provide him the individual prices. He likes the prices and asks what's the lowest I'll do for all 3. (Everybody wants something for nothing). I provide the price which IS lower than what I was asking for each individually that he WAS good with, then I hear nothing back...

Here's some extra photos I took while I was working on my GTO while dealing with these extra ass hats from Craigslist.

I also have plenty of tackle and supplies that I have yet to price out.

I just realized these photos don't have an ID card in them... but there's my 4l65e transmission, that counts as ID!

If you want to look at several of them in person, I'm willing to pick them up and meet somewhere half way that's within 30 mins of Mount Laurel NJ. I do not want people showing up to my Parent's house to checkout the rods and reels / scope the place.

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that there issue reminds me of this scene, keep it on deck next time u get a flake:

https://youtu.be/KNQRqAoT-2c
This is exactly how the last 2 months have been.

I've had 8 people show interest and ask for prices that are already listed. I offer them a better deal than listed, then I hear nothing. Only 1 person low balled the smurf out of me, but we managed to agree on a price for 3 of them. Then he never followed up on meeting me somewhere. Ugh I hate selling stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts