LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Might wanna knock first...
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little help wheel/tire gurus:

Plan on running 18x9.5 Thruxton TSWs out back, but 18" Nitto DRs are only offered in a 285/35 config...

So, how much offset will I need? Fender rolling is a given.

Help me out and drinks are free next time you're in Vegas! On Jcain's tab...

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm running 18x9's (Boyd Codington F-22s) with the Nitto 555 285 DRs. I have a 56.25mm offset, and it's about perfect. I barely had to roll my fenders.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm running that exact combo,18x9.5 45 mm offset full fender roll and they still rub under hard accel. or over medium sized bumps,WORSE with a full tank/rear passengers or a lot of stuff in the trunk.The driver side is much worse as it sits lower even when I'm not in the car.I haven't installed my drag bags yet but I think with them it will be OK.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I dunno but :fawkdance :fawkdance :fawkdance

·
Puppy Power!!
1,693 Posts
18x9.5 45mm offset
Ground off half of the fender lip
installed King Springs, stock height
Good to go with 275/35R18 BFG Drag Radials
(very minor rubbing under certain extreme conditions)

·
Puppy Power!!
1,693 Posts
hardcore4sure said:
I'm running that exact combo,18x9.5 45 mm offset full fender roll and they still rub under hard accel. or over medium sized bumps,WORSE with a full tank/rear passengers or a lot of stuff in the trunk.The driver side is much worse as it sits lower even when I'm not in the car.I haven't installed my drag bags yet but I think with them it will be OK.

"18x9.5/285-35 Nitto 555- DRs"

THat is why you are having issues with rubbing. the 275 Nitto's run narrow but the 285's are run a bit wide. Put 275 BFG's on there and you should be much better off.

·
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hardcore4sure said:
Hmmm...more offset needed then perhaps. They're rubbing on the fender even w/full roll? Dayum. Bags should definitely help...

Bob seems confident...or just wants a free drink or two. You might just get one :) I know you're running some wide ones...(since I wrote this you've replied. Damn brotha that is one sweeeeet goat...)

Sdgoat, I read your thread about your wheels/tires thoroughly before I posted this, that is a great looking setup you have. I was going to send you a PM but saw you have 9s...I'm not a wheel/tire person so wasn't sure if the extra 0.5" width would make a difference.

And DBlue, Shirley Temples weren't included in this deal, so no drinks for you anyways. :bootyshak

·
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^Quiet ho. Get back on the corner.

BTW...next gen EVO just entered my garage :sneaky:...right hand drive. Mule, camo...looks purty nasty. They're not picking it up till 830am if you wanna see it...i know deep down u love the rice.

·
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
being that it's 8pm and i'm still here, not that early but by 7.

it smells like burnt clutch and looks like it's going to fall apart. Plus how the hell am I going to shift w/my left arm? it's right hand drive. I'll wreck the damn thing...wait till vipers come back...

now get back out there and make me some $.

·
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back on topic...Bob, I'll be ok w/a 55mm offset?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm running a drift R 18x 9.5 w/49mm offset. With some minor hammering on the trunk area inside the wheel well, and a nice fender roll. A 1\2 inch pedder raise in the rear. I am able to run a 295/35/18 BFG KDW DR under extreme conditions.

Drew

·
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now? or in the morning? get here AT 7am. if they see me showing it to you grab a tool and pretend you work here. wait i've seen you with tools before...grab a broom and sweep instead...:stickpoke

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thruxtons don't come with a 55mm offset, last I heard 45 was it.Keep in mind I weight 235lbs and it seems that the rear on my car is lower than most.As for BFGs I'll never buy another BFG product.I had 315-18 DRs on my SS and after less than 1500 miles the sidewalls were cracking all the way around and the tire shop refused to mount them.I notified Tirerack & BFG it took 6 months for them to tell me basically to go **** myself ,they wouldn't replace them cuz they said that was a racing tire,so I told them to give them back and they refused because they knew they were unsafe.So they basically stole my $$$ and tires.I will go with Nittos 4ever ,plus I like all my tires to match.

·
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NeedNewTires said:
I'm running a drift R 18x 9.5 w/49mm offset. With some minor hammering on the trunk area inside the wheel well, and a nice fender roll. A 1\2 inch pedder raise in the rear. I am able to run a 295/35/18 BFG KDW DR under extreme conditions.

Drew
dayum that's a lot of tire...might be the widest you can come close to fitting...nice

·
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hardcore4sure said:
Thruxtons don't come with a 55mm offset, last I heard 45 was it.Keep in mind I weight 235lbs and it seems that the rear on my car is lower than most.As for BFGs I'll never buy another BFG product.I had 315-18 DRs on my SS and after less than 1500 miles the sidewalls were cracking all the way around and the tire shop refused to mount them.I notified Tirerack & BFG it took 6 months for them to tell me basically to go **** myself ,they wouldn't replace them cuz they said that was a racing tire,so I told them to give them back and they refused because they knew they were unsafe.So they basically stole my $$$ and tires.I will go with Nittos 4ever ,plus I like all my tires to match.
Thanks for the info...getting a lot of good info here!

·
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup 45mm offset only...so 285/35/18 on 18x9.5 is going to rub...even w/rolled fenders?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts