LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, since I know everyone here loves thier Zaino, I knew it would hands down be first choice here. I just wanted to know what you think is a decent 2nd wax?
Perhaps something that doesn't take the whole day, how about an hour?
Not trying to be sarcastic, but with a 3 year old at home and me being on the road every other week, I just don't have a whole day to spend waxing up the Pontiac. I'm mosty intrested in protecting the paint from standing water, like after a rain storm, and shine is second...my goat doesn't have a garage yet, the Impaler and project blazer take up those spaces for now...

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
Try nanowax, or Zymol expensive but water based works great for me! easiest and best wax ive ever used

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
You don't have to wax all day with Zaino

73blazer said:
Ok, since I know everyone here loves thier Zaino, I knew it would hands down be first choice here. I just wanted to know what you think is a decent 2nd wax?
Not trying to be sarcastic, but with a 3 year old at home and me being on the road every other week, I just don't have a whole day to spend waxing up the Pontiac. I'm mosty intrested in protecting the paint from standing water, like after a rain storm, and shine is second...my goat doesn't have a garage yet, the Impaler and project blazer take up those spaces for now...
I had over 30 coats on my 97Z28 before I sold it. The initial treatment can
take a little extra time, but after that I Z2 the crap out of it in a few minutes.
I would occasionally go back to Z1, but wiping Z2 on and off after washing couldn't be easier. Car had an awesome finish let me tell ya. Zaino is not
that much paino!!!! LOLOL :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Zaino is not
that much paino!!!! LOLOL :)
Sorry, I just had the impression from looking at other older posts that Zaino can take a while, I've never used it, so I don't know..but thanks for the info!

·
2,432 Posts
73blazer said:
Sorry, I just had the impression from looking at other older posts that Zaino can take a while, I've never used it, so I don't know..but thanks for the info!
Initially it does take a while. Once you have done the early work adding a layer of Z-5 or Z-2 and then Z-6 is not bad. But, after having done the NXT thing I can say a first coat of NXT is as fast as later coats of Z-5.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Well

73blazer said:
If you do the whole treatment everytime, yes it's too much work. I never
did the clay bar part. For me Z1(first polishing and occasionally thereafter)
and Z2 is all I did and it is great. Really not hard, wipes off easy and I mean
easy. Z16 is also awesome tire and rubber protector.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Use Meguirs NXT Gen wax. Used it twice now and love it.

Washed and waxed on Saturday morning and by Sunday it had a coat of the ususal pollen and dust. Took the car for a ride and IT BLEW OFF! At least most of it.

(sp?)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
nanowax is pretty good stuff. it really helps to hide the tiny scratches and swirls. but i think it would be more useful on older paint. so im gonna try something else for now

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
I've used the Mequires NXT, that's good stuff. Easy on, easy off, good shine.

A friend of mine also suggested some Meguires stuff that comes in a yellow bottle. He said that's all he'll ever use. (sorry, can't remember the name)

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
3M showcar shine is easy and puts a heck of a shine.No streaking even on torrid red,you gotta hate getting red right.

·
Registered
235 Posts
73blazer said:

I get excellent results with Mother's or Meguiar's 3-step paint system. If you want a wax to last longer and shine better, I strongly recommend using a Clay Bar. This bar removes all the dirt that regular washing can't remove. It takes a while, but the wax lasts way longer ...

I recently bought Meguiar's NXT and I really like it too. It's easy to buff and it doesn't leave a white residue. I have noticed that after 3 washes, water doesn't bead that well ...

my 2 cents,
G

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Optimum Wax

73blazer said:
For your needs, I would strongly recommend our Optimum line of Wax. This is the easiest wax we've used and all the wax actually stays on the car. Read more about it in the thread below. I would recommend you buy the tester or sample kit to try wax, car wash and protectorant plus get the Microfiber wax towel too. This product is incredibly effective and so easy to apply. It takes me about 20 to 30 minutes to wax my cars.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2975

Alan

·
Registered
175 Posts
I used to be a HUGE mothers enthusiast, but after seeing the results of Meguirs new NXT tech wax, I have a new product in my cleaning kit. This stuff is absolutely amazing.... This is what I recommend.. Set aside a day and do the following:

1. Wash your car very well
2. Follow up with a claybar (mothers is pretty good, and it comes with their polisher to use as a lubricant).
3. Wash your car thoroughly again (the claybar will remove lots of stuff that you don't see such as the brake rust dust that most likely adhered to your car on the train trip to you - A good way to tell is take the cellophane of of a smoker's pack of cigerettes rub it along a piece of your car beforehand and feel all the grit. Try it again after the claybar you will feel a massive difference)
4. Use Meguirs colorx (in black bottle) for enhancement to our color getting rid of some swirls etc)
5. Follow with Meguirs NXT tech wax.
6. See your new beautiful car (whenever you have time ad additional layers of the NXT)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found some wax that you just put on and let set for 10 min. and rinse. Its good for acid rain protection. I used it on my 97 GTP for years and the paint still looks new. I recently sold it and bought the GTO. I used it on the goat and its great. Go to Dura-Shine web site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts