LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty straight forward...as i was leaving work a red GTO with two white racing stripes rolls through...i follow and turn off the same direction...i pace her(pretty sure it was a girl...tinted windows) we catch a light...i through another rev for good measure..light goes green and i hit it...she was late and i was 2 cars out...she defintely went WOT at this point because we were 10 cars plus on traffic but she didnt seem to be pullin...i had to move over into her lane as i caught the last car to turn off in front of me...had plenty of room but she shut down then...no mre attempts out of her after that...still looking for a good straight up run...

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Jesus, not this guy again.

And just because she was "way out" on traffic doesn't mean she was at WOT...I am always way out ahead of traffic, and I was in my 300M too. Does that mean I always floored it? No. Rarely do I floor it from a light.

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
The best car in the world is only as fast as the loose nut behind the wheel.

So if someone clueless is trying to race in a GTO, or anything else, forgets to turn off traction control, or lights the tires up flooring it, or just has a major brain fart, they are probably gonna lose. Smile and wave as you drive by.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I personally think that, if you could not even see the other driver to confirm that it was a male or female, how could you possibly confirm that they were willing to race? Revving the engine means NOTHING...I do it all the time, does that mean I'm racing, no.

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
I saw a TL Type S at the track that took a 150 shot to get to 13.9 and he only got there once... Other 10 runs was in the mid 14's

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
:rolleyes:
type R said:
pretty straight forward...as i was leaving work a red GTO with two white racing stripes rolls through...i follow and turn off the same direction...i pace her(pretty sure it was a girl...tinted windows) we catch a light...i through another rev for good measure..light goes green and i hit it...she was late and i was 2 cars out...she defintely went WOT at this point because we were 10 cars plus on traffic but she didnt seem to be pullin...i had to move over into her lane as i caught the last car to turn off in front of me...had plenty of room but she shut down then...no mre attempts out of her after that...still looking for a good straight up run...
:rolleyes:

I call BS... :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
He runs high 13's if I recall correctly, so he isn't any slouch. But nothing a GTO shouldn't have been able to reel back in and pass by if they were running. I know I'd have blown back by. :D

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
You guys are funny. Somebody posts a Porsche GT3 wasn't able to pull on them after the initial gain the Porsche had from a hole shot and everbody says good job nice way to hold your own against the GT3.

Then somebody posts a kill against a GTO and the excuses come flying out. The GTO must not have been racing, If you couldn't see through tinted windows how could you tell they were racing (huh!), I'm calling BS on this....blah blah blah.

Now I do realize this is a GTO site, and I fully expect to get flamed for posting my opinion (especially since I drive a "dreaded" Cobra), but is it so hard to just take something for face value and not flame somebody because they don't drive a GTO?

Before you say "why don't you go to a Mustang site instead of trolling here", I would like to point out that one of the main reasons I come to this site is because the BS is twice as deep on most of the Mustang sites. There seems to be a much more mature audience here, and that is why I like it. I just don't want to see this site go the same way as most of the other ones.

Feel free to flame away, but please realize my intention is not to anger any of you, but rather to inform you of a trend that I've noticed. I also realize it's not everybody, most of you have been awesome (once again considering what I drive). Thanks....

Shane

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Grey, my comments were merely based on past precedent from the thread starter. If you, for instance, were to come and say, I beat a GTO, I'd tend to believe you. Why, you wonder? Because you have proven yourself a trustworthy individual, and trust is 50% of credibility according to this class I just finished taking.

And why do you say "(huh!)" to my comment that if you can't see the other driver, how can you know you are racing? For one, how do you even know the other person is paying attention to you? He made no mention of that...Also, how do you know the other person isn't a COP in an unmarked car? Have you seen the pics of the GTO police car floating around online? At night I'd be hard pressed to see the difference between it and a regular GTO.

·
1,597 Posts
phobos512 said:
Grey, my comments were merely based on past precedent from the thread starter. If you, for instance, were to come and say, I beat a GTO, I'd tend to believe you. Why, you wonder? Because you have proven yourself a trustworthy individual, and trust is 50% of credibility according to this class I just finished taking.

And why do you say "(huh!)" to my comment that if you can't see the other driver, how can you know you are racing? For one, how do you even know the other person is paying attention to you? He made no mention of that...Also, how do you know the other person isn't a COP in an unmarked car? Have you seen the pics of the GTO police car floating around online? At night I'd be hard pressed to see the difference between it and a regular GTO.
I apologize, I didn't intend to single you out or anything, I was just grabbing random stuff from here and there in the thread. I also don't know the past history of the originator of the post, so I can't really comment on that.

However, in response to your second paragraph, none of us were there, so how can we assume anything about the race? I only say this because I've had more than a few runs where the driver wouldn't look over, and I wasn't sure if they wanted to play or not, until the light changed and they punched it.

I've also had some fun run-ins with street bikes, but I quit posting them because people start quoting what the bike should be able to do and many other excuses, as well as calling BS, but none of them were there, and on the street anything can happen. That is why I always tend to take things at face value instead of throwing in the "what if's".

I agree, if somebody has a past history, then I would be much more apprehensive about what they posted.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure what the 3.5 was in this thread, but I traded in an Intrepid R/T which had a 3.5. It was no slouch, but not nearly as fast as my Goat. BTW the R/T was 0-60 in around 7.5 and topped out at 140mph. And that was for a large 4 door family car!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Grey03Cobra said:
You guys are funny. Somebody posts a Porsche GT3 wasn't able to pull on them after the initial gain the Porsche had from a hole shot and everbody says good job nice way to hold your own against the GT3.

Then somebody posts a kill against a GTO and the excuses come flying out...
Yo, dude... this site is NOT unique to that kind of behavior. Every car site from Acuras to Z's has die-hard owners who "refuse to lose." Pointing out that people shouldn't call B.S. is as overdone as calling B.S. in the first place.

I have never ever EVER seen a "kill" post that wasn't dissed or disputed. The only "kills" I choose to defend (or dispute) are my own. (Yeah, sometimes I dispute my own. :) )

·
1,597 Posts
FLORIT said:
Yo, dude... this site is NOT unique to that kind of behavior. Every car site from Acuras to Z's has die-hard owners who "refuse to lose." Pointing out that people shouldn't call B.S. is as overdone as calling B.S. in the first place.

I have never ever EVER seen a "kill" post that wasn't dissed or disputed. The only "kills" I choose to defend (or dispute) are my own. (Yeah, sometimes I dispute my own. :) )
Yes, I understand that, which is why I also stated....

"Before you say "why don't you go to a Mustang site instead of trolling here", I would like to point out that one of the main reasons I come to this site is because the BS is twice as deep on most of the Mustang sites. There seems to be a much more mature audience here, and that is why I like it. I just don't want to see this site go the same way as most of the other ones."

....which you left out when quoting me. I understand the loyalty GTO owners have for thier cars, I'm kind of the same way. However, one thing I don't do is bash other peoples cars, or call BS just because it's not the type of car I drive.

Most of us are on these web sites because we all share a common interest. I get real bored sitting on some of the "Mustang" sites, because it seems to be a bunch of Mustang guys patting each other on the back talking about how great thier car is (same could be said for most other sites). If somebody even mentions another car, like the GTO for instance, you hardly ever hear anything good, just slams. That gets old.

When I introduced myself to this site, all I got were great comments on my car, even though it's not a GTO. That impressed me, and that is why I choose to come to this site. At times it just seems this site might be sliding in the other direction.

Shane

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Grey03Cobra said:
Yes, I understand that, which is why I also stated....

"Before you say "why don't you go to a Mustang site instead of trolling here", I would like to point out that one of the main reasons I come to this site is because the BS is twice as deep on most of the Mustang sites. There seems to be a much more mature audience here, and that is why I like it. I just don't want to see this site go the same way as most of the other ones."

....which you left out when quoting me. I understand the loyalty GTO owners have for thier cars, I'm kind of the same way. However, one thing I don't do is bash other peoples cars, or call BS just because it's not the type of car I drive.

Most of us are on these web sites because we all share a common interest. I get real bored sitting on some of the "Mustang" sites, because it seems to be a bunch of Mustang guys patting each other on the back talking about how great thier car is (same could be said for most other sites). If somebody even mentions another car, like the GTO for instance, you hardly ever hear anything good, just slams. That gets old.

When I introduced myself to this site, all I got were great comments on my car, even though it's not a GTO. That impressed me, and that is why I choose to come to this site. At times it just seems this site might be sliding in the other direction.

Shane
I think sometimes it gets old here reading kill stories, every kill story that any GTO owner has posted has been disputed and the same can be said for every track time that has been posted. Usually its a mustang owner calling BS or making excuses of how the GTO could not be that fast or have killed anything. I guess we get tired of hearing that so the same can be said in return.
Dont take the above comment as a slam towards all mustang owners, you are pretty good guy in my opinion

·
Registered
662 Posts
We all know the only kill stories you can believe have a time slip for proof. Video sometimes if your lucky. :D

All the others someone will make up and excuse or call b.s.

Well except for the mustang owners, we all know they lost because they drive a mustang :D ( IT'S A JOKE SON, A JOKE )

·
Mexican by marriage!
408 Posts
My GTO can definitely beat up on a Yugo (because it's not a GTO).

I've also outrun a stock '82 Camry and took out a Peterbuilt with a full load from light to light once.

Don't dispute that!

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
phobos512 said:

are you sure about that? i think ive been here longer than alot of people ,i feel as though i've always been respectful except when disrespected...wasnt trying to start anything...im here in part because i have moved on from mustangs to LS1's ...and though i usually loose up top i have kept many at bay till 80+ ...my car is quiet heavy at 3500 lbs though FWD and an auto with one wheel drive ive transformed it into a sort of contender....when you concider the GTO is also a heavy coupe i think we have a great rivalry...and hopefully a friendly one at that

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
You know - 10 carlengths is a couple of blocks 1/4 throttle at about every intersection I take off from. I keep thinking I'm going to get a ticket for getting to 50 in a 45 so much faster than the surrounding traffic - "...but officer, I wasn't even 1/2 throttle, seriously..."
But nice run.
Dan

·
Registered
662 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
I keep thinking I'm going to get a ticket for getting to 50 in a 45 so much faster than the surrounding traffic - "...but officer, I wasn't even 1/2 throttle, seriously..."
But nice run.
Dan
I keep trying to tell that to my wife, but she still wont slow down. Dang superchargers :banghead:

She still does not believe me that they can still get you for reckless driving. And GOD known thats her everytime she starts the car :gr_jest:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts