LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RKsport hood arrived today and I dropped off the car at the body shop.

The wait begins and I drive the Jimmy in the meantime.

I expect the withdrawls will be cruel :(

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
At first I was worried. But this is a good thing. 3 days isn't so bad. I have mine in the garage for a week at a time everynow and again. Can't wait to see the new hood.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
When I saw this thread I thought to myself..."Aw crap, now she's getting the Magnacharger too".

Yes, definitely want pics pics pics

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
phobos512 said:
When I saw this thread I thought to myself..."Aw crap, now she's getting the Magnacharger too".

Yes, definitely want pics pics pics
haha, yeah. since it seems like everyone else and their grandmother is

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL if I got the magnacharger it would be like your mother got one... but I doubt that I will ever get one.

I think all I will be getting done within the next year will be this hood, the K&N intake (which will make the hood functional), headers, exhaust and tune.

That will make me very happy. I haven't had any thoughts leaning towards a S/C, I just want the car to be a bit meaner.

BTW... the bodyshop was pleased with the hood's condition... he questions at this moment if the holes for the washer heads are too large, however that was first looks at my car sitting in the parking lot with the hood inside. I don't think it is a problem. As for prep of the hood, he said there were two minor spots needing attention, but I certainly didn't see that. He is know to be a perfectionist. That's fine with me!

The inserts in the scoops are a bright silver metal. I asked him to paint them to match the color of the grill which he is going to do, and then coat with a satin finish (clear coat?). The grill inserts are not of the same pattern as the grill so it was important to me that they didn't stand out at all, so I asked him to paint them too.

Additionally he is going to repair a scuff I put on the lower front of the car (curb rash) that I did the very first day of ownership. 5 years in the Jimmy did me no favors in understanding how low this car sits. And speaking of the front bumper, he told me he thought the had been repainted. This was based off of some flaws in the paint job. I actually have a spot below the front drivers headlight that is raised, as if a piece of debris is in the paint. I wouldn't know for sure, if so, it was to repair some damage from shipping, as my car only had 14 miles on it when I took delivery.... but that said we all know about the paint issues these cars have.

If his paintless dent removal guy is in the area, doing other jobs, he will get him to stop by and remove my one door ding. This is a maybe, because to keep the cost low on repair, the guy will not come out for one car. So if he is in the area while my car is in the shop, he will ask him to stop by. Otherwise it will be back to my original plan which is to drop it off to the dealership on the day their dents are fixed.

That's all for now! And of course pics will be coming! :)

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
You getting a Magnacharger would be like my mom getting a car w/ 8 cylinders. My mom is a wimp as far as driving goes. Love her dearly but she just doesn't get it.

Go for the HP! Magnacharger!

Actualy heads and cam.... :D

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
3 days?? Mine will sit for weeks on end. :D

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
True, but that doesn't always mean I'm playing with one.

For instance, the last two days have been gorgeous, but all three are still tucked away in the garage.

I'll probably bring the GTO Friday though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
3 days???? Try this, today is day 30 and I still don't have my GTO back. Also, they told me today it could be two more weeks. :cry: :(

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
powrtrippin said:
3 days???? Try this, today is day 30 and I still don't have my GTO back. Also, they told me today it could be two more weeks. :cry: :(
Sorry you are going through this.... I can't seem to find it, but what thread speaks to your problems?

·
Registered
835 Posts
powrtrippin said:
You lost your half shaft correct? At 30 days in WI you can invoke the lemon law and get a new one. I don't know what the law is in your state but it has to be getting close.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Huntress said:
I expect the withdrawls will be cruel :(
a matter of perspective....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts