LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thats right folks thanks to the city of Roseville, Me , Brian ( IMpulse blue ) and phil (Black) Get pulled over on gratiot, all at the same time, yes we were messin around but not when we got pulled over, i ask the cop why am i being pulled over he says first reason because your parked to far away from the curb, WTF i stopped because he asked me to, 2nd reason is because were driving like Assholes! ok whatever, he gives us all Impeding Traffic tickets 110$ fine good news is NO points, at 2am how can we impede traffic? and states he has video of us racing and driving like assholes. ruins the whole night. i just wanna send this one out to Roseville P.D. if your reading :barf: F*CK OFF!!!! Sincerely One of the impulse Blue GTO guys~

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Woah, that really sucks... From what I saw last weekend, a couple GTO's screwing around a little is the smallest of thier concerns when guys are bringin out 800hp Camaros and Vettes every weekend and street racing em. I guess I'm glad Cobra John told me there weren't many people out last night and I decided to stay up in Saginaw! Was he with you guys at the time?

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
sounds like they're on some sort of mission...

·
2004 Black GTO M6
5 Posts
yeah that definitly was a shity night but its only a fine i mean 110$ is a pain in the ass thats like a couple tanks of gas or something buy at least insurance doesn't get us with a drag racing ticket on our record. All i cared about was leaving after i got pulled over i mean we were going about the speed limit how could we be impeding also. My radar went off a little before also and payed no attention to it. ill be more careful now but thats not going to stop me from wiping those mustangs asses when i see them.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Man that seems bogus. Impeeding trafic? Prove that one..

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
I don't think they had anything on you. They may have been informed that there
were cars racing or something, so they go and check it out and pull you over
for some other infraction. This is what gives cops a bad name, the few that do this.
I mean if they had video, then why the hell are they not ticketing you for that.
Doesn't make sense. This is why I think the other is just an excuse to pull you over.
Should the cop pull you over if he sees you street racing? Of course he should, and
give you the biggest ticket he can, but if he see's nothing himself he needs to back off
until he actually sees you doing something.

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
Im just releaved that it wasnt a drag racing ticket, and it was no points...Im just happy it wont go on my record, but I do find it weird that they had "video" of it and still gave us what they gave us, but ohh well i guess. I was damn pissed anyways :bomb: That and the fact that our buddy in his WS6 was back a ways behind us and was like he came outta nowhere and must of been down a side street or something....even when we got rolled the cop didnt even have his headlights on, so I dont even know what the cop even saw us doing.

Dout im taking this one to court because the cop was like "if you guys decide to fight this, the careless driving/3 point ticket will automatically be slapped on you." So im just gonna get it over with and pay the fucker.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
IBMgoat said:
Dout im taking this one to court because the cop was like "if you guys decide to fight this, the careless driving/3 point ticket will automatically be slapped on you."
Can they change the charge later? :confused:

·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you see the other 2 guys were raceing eachother me i just hit it a lil from a 30 roll and shut down at 60 way before we got pulled over, we werent doing anything except cruising in all 3 lanes side by side Blue/ then black/ then blue. and then out of no where when were turning onto a side street this cop is in my rear view with no lights on not even headlights, and its too late to keep going cuz im half way through the turn, and i reallize he wants us all to stay when he starts flashin his flashlight at me from 3 cars up, so i pulled up and stopped by the curb and thats the reason he told me he gave me a ticket, he also said i drove like an ass tho. its ok thats 110$ and no points way better than dragracing/ careless driving! yes john was with us the whole time just not actually by us we were trying to go stop at the DQ when we got pulled over.

·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes if we went to court, they could be like well we have video BLAH BLAH BLAH and then Screw us over but i dont think they had video unless they took the camera out of phils car because he was taping us,and that cop came from Nowhere, i would love to fight it, but not to risk getting 3 points for reckless driving.

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
Im definately not fighting that badboy...i kinda feel lucky in a way by not getting 3 points. But if you look at it this way, ive been f'n around racing people since i was 16 and first got my liscense, and this was the first time ive gotten a ticket for it.

-Brian

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some things never change

Roseville was the same back in "the day". I had the same thing happen to me back in 1981 driving my '68. I talked to so many people (including a lawyer) about what to do. All said to "pay the fine". It was $75 bucks back then. It's Roseville's way of pushing crusiers out of their city limits on Gratiot.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Wow - no offense but glad I wasn't with you guys. As I've said before - my record w/ speeding tix is less than pretty. I'm not so sure I'd get off w/ an 'easy' ticket. Not that I'd be running up to 60 or anything on gratiot anyway;)
Hey - maybe another cop got the video and the one who pulled you over was napping or something? He got woke up by his buddy on the radio and was pissed :gr_jest:
Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts