LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
That was a slaughter! Was that a charged LS vs a stock LS? Slaughter!

·
Registered
276 Posts
finally saw the other vid... much much closer than the first. The first vid didn't seem fair.

·
True Story
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Letchworth40 said:
That was a slaughter! Was that a charged LS vs a stock LS? Slaughter!
yea it was charged vs stock but i dont think it was really a slaughter cause he only got about a car or a little more then a car on him most the time. the last race which i didnt find till a couple of mintues ago was def. a slaughter with the passenger in the gto and the camaro pulled alot more

·
Registered
802 Posts
there was no slaughter there at all, the ls2 car hung in there like a hair in a buscuit. I hope the guy in the Z got a receipt, SO HE CAN TAKE THAT SHIT BACK

·
Project AIRWOLF has started!
679 Posts
your telling me that a STOCK 6.0 pulled like that on a blown fbody. where was the whine of the blower - especially if procharged or vortech that would be screaming!

I CALL :bs: on the fbod being blown - maybe a cam

·
True Story
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ls1wolf said:
your telling me that a STOCK 6.0 pulled like that on a blown fbody. where was the whine of the blower - especially if procharged or vortech that would be screaming!

thats what i was woundering myself u just said it ....it was still a nice race even though i dont hear a supercharger

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cool video but the Camaro guy needs to work on his shifts - SLOW. I doubt it was S/C as well. Too close of a race and no blower whine.

·
1 of 40,757
6,484 Posts
ls1wolf said:

Vortech SQ series superchargers use a helical cut gear rather than straight cut gears on the standard V1-S series.

Not sure about the Prochargers but a friends D1SC was quieter under boost than at idle which I assume is from no load on the head unit (box of rocks at idle).

·
_.:LS1GTO:._
1,004 Posts
on the last vid the goat walked'em down

·
Impending Diabolical Conquest
1,767 Posts
If you guys think that Camaro is supercharged your fools. A supercharged f body would DESTROY a stock GTO. The Camaro looked geared to me as he was having to shift way too fast for as slow as it was. Im guessing he had a gear and exhaust, maybe headers. For a comparison here is a vid of my Camaro. Listen to how long it revs with stock gears. ad this is with 650 rwhp.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5531167122328886337&q=408&hl=en

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
I like the videos but in the first vid the guy honking left before he even hit the horn....cheatin bastage.

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
Those were some close races, in the third vid it look like the GTO was going to walk the F-body until he let off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts